• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Xonk
Junior Boarder

Re: 3,500 showed in Va?

#82749 2 years, 10 months ago
The band only gets about 1/4 of ticket sales. The venue gets the rest.

Manchester seemed pretty empty too. nobody in the upper seats and hardly anyone in the back seats. Even the back of the floor was pretty spaced out. It made getting around the venue easy but there was a lower energy. Portland was Packed tight. Very high energy show [http://furthur.net/components/com_kunena/template/A3/images/emoticons/w00t.png]
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Xonk.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#82820 2 years, 10 months ago
i think furthur is goin take a break from touring so much after NYE, thats why they are doin 3 shows instead of the usual 2, it will be a special run, cant wait to see what they pull out for NYE, with ticket prices beign what they are, i would prefer to see the core four.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bow4bass
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#82845 2 years, 10 months ago
I like multi night runs and I like outta norm cities they play in.

When Furthur came to St. Louis last year they played at an arena. Which was only about half full. This year they decided to downsize to a theater. And word of mouth is its sold out. Maybe a few tickets left but come show day you will need a miracle. I'm so glad they decided to come back! With it only being half full last year I didn't think they would!

But I would like to see a KC date sometime!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: deadontherivet
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

#82847 2 years, 10 months ago
why are they booking these larger venues? If they can't sell out the big shows they should do a tour of all smaller venues, raise the demand and increase the intimacy of the shows. I'd much rather see furthur in a cool theater than a basketball arena. Or play the arenas, but drop the ticket price.
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#82859 2 years, 10 months ago
I'll be interested to see how many people are at the Albany show when I go. They do seem to me hitting a lot of large venues, but no multi night runs.
For a fall tour it seems weird, last years fall tour was just a couple of venues in the northeast, multi nights, topped off with two days at MSG, short and sweet. This is the exact opposite. Their basically doing what they did for their summer tour, hoppin all over the place, but at indoor arenas, its just not as appealing for some reason.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#82861 2 years, 10 months ago
3 nights in Philly, 3 nights in DC , 3 nights in boston , 3 nights in albany, 3 nights at nassau , 2 days in between each set of 3.
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#82867 2 years, 10 months ago
brokenarrow wrote:
Parking was $15the a pop not sure who gets that cut

I have associates that were into the dead big in the 90's. A lot of them don't know who Furthur is. I think a big part of the smaller crowds is the marketing. They dont use the Dead or a stealie in any of their ads. I for 1 am grateful for the smaller crowds, but hope it doesn't keep them from touring.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
scrltbg
Junior Boarder

#82886 2 years, 10 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
i think furthur is goin take a break from touring so much after NYE, thats why they are doin 3 shows instead of the usual 2, it will be a special run, cant wait to see what they pull out for NYE, with ticket prices beign what they are, i would prefer to see the core four.

Agreed on the touring break, I think that is the whole point of TRI Studios, to get off the road. And agreed on preferring core four. But if you recall last time the core four went out, it was $100 a show. Let's be happy with what we've still got!
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds