• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
Moderator
Posts:33297
More or less in line

Re: 3,500 showed in Va?

#82677 2 years, 10 months ago
Wow. That's a bit surprising. I didn't think it would sell out, but I thought it would be more packed than that.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder
Posts:221

Re: 3,500 showed in Va?

#82687 2 years, 10 months ago
Irrenarzt wrote:
I think they should re-evaluate the places they are going if they are only getting 3500 people showing up.

How many tickets were sold for that same show?

If I were Furthur, I would reduce the number of venues and do multi-night runs at proven venues in markets where they know they will sell out or come close to selling out (i.e. Broomfield, NYC etc). This helps reduce the travel stress on the band as well. Bobby ain't getting any younger.

Bumfuck places in non-metro Virginia midweek in a down economy aren't ideal I would imagine.
I just think the future till better times is near large cities on the coasts.Probaley around weekends
Chester
Moderator
Posts:33297
More or less in line

Re: 3,500 showed in Va?

#82693 2 years, 10 months ago
I know they wont fill the arena in Buffalo. And probably not Albany either. Better for me,
but yeah, why book such large venues mid-week, in smaller cities?
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2090
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: 3,500 showed in Va?

#82705 2 years, 10 months ago
Chester wrote:
I know they wont fill the arena in Buffalo. And probably not Albany either. Better for me,
but yeah, why book such large venues mid-week, in smaller cities?


How many people are actually touring these days Chester? Touring to go to the shows not just vend. Whats odd to me is where are yht 80 thousand that wuld be at rich stadium?
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
jmgtraveler
Fresh Boarder
Posts:2

Re: 3,500 showed in Va?

#82706 2 years, 10 months ago
I heard it was 6100 from an employee who works there
The following user(s) said Thank You: bow4bass
Chester
Moderator
Posts:33297
More or less in line

Re: 3,500 showed in Va?

#82707 2 years, 10 months ago
newyawker wrote:
Chester wrote:
I know they wont fill the arena in Buffalo. And probably not Albany either. Better for me,
but yeah, why book such large venues mid-week, in smaller cities?


How many people are actually touring these days Chester? Touring to go to the shows not just vend. Whats odd to me is where are yht 80 thousand that wuld be at rich stadium?


I don't get a sense that very many are doing the full tour anymore. Most, like me, will hit up a convenient series of shows.
And a lot of those 80,000 that showed up at Rich stadium shows, were weekend Deadheads anyway. We're down to the
hardcore fans, and the few vendors who follow the fans.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2090
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: 3,500 showed in Va?

#82714 2 years, 10 months ago
Chester wrote:
newyawker wrote:
Chester wrote:
I know they wont fill the arena in Buffalo. And probably not Albany either. Better for me,
but yeah, why book such large venues mid-week, in smaller cities?


How many people are actually touring these days Chester? Touring to go to the shows not just vend. Whats odd to me is where are yht 80 thousand that wuld be at rich stadium?


I don't get a sense that very many are doing the full tour anymore. Most, like me, will hit up a convenient series of shows.
And a lot of those 80,000 that showed up at Rich stadium shows, were weekend Deadheads anyway. We're down to the
hardcore fans, and the few vendors who follow the fans.


I agree about the weekenders. Yet I am still wondering where 30k fans went off the bus....
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
volare
Senior Boarder
Posts:501

Re: 3,500 showed in Va?

#82716 2 years, 10 months ago
I's be very curious about the economics of these shows. 3500 tickets at $50 a pop is still $175,000 for the night not including mechandising or concessions. Seems like a lot of money, but I have no concept as to what the overhead would be....
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1487

Re: 3,500 showed in Va?

#82725 2 years, 10 months ago
Once you pay staff, security, electricity, insurance, etc......not that much is left over.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder
Posts:1020

Re: 3,500 showed in Va?

#82727 2 years, 10 months ago
Parking was $15the a pop not sure who gets that cut
GOOD LOVE
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds