• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

3,500 showed in Va?

#82596 2 years, 11 months ago
Yes,it was a Tuesday night.....hope this doesn't discourage Furthur......guess they gotta play smaller places.......
ForSure25
Fresh Boarder

Re: 3,500 showed in Va?

#82617 2 years, 11 months ago
times are hard. It's tough out there, highwater everywhere.
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

#82625 2 years, 11 months ago
I think they should re-evaluate the places they are going if they are only getting 3500 people showing up.

How many tickets were sold for that same show?

If I were Furthur, I would reduce the number of venues and do multi-night runs at proven venues in markets where they know they will sell out or come close to selling out (i.e. Broomfield, NYC etc). This helps reduce the travel stress on the band as well. Bobby ain't getting any younger.

Bumfuck places in non-metro Virginia midweek in a down economy aren't ideal I would imagine.
All You Need
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Irrenarzt.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#82641 2 years, 11 months ago
I was there. It seemed a little more than that but Damn we need the love to.
GOOD LOVE
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#82644 2 years, 11 months ago
Big Ralph wrote:
Yes,it was a Tuesday night.....hope this doesn't discourage Furthur......guess they gotta play smaller places.......

Where do u get such statistics?
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#82648 2 years, 11 months ago
I think only about 2,500 showed up in Salt Lake City during the fall tour.
Yet a couple of days later and the other side of the mountains they almost sold out Red Rocks for all three nights with a total attendance of about 25,000 over the 3 days.

I like their balance of playing the big markets and working a few smaller ones in as well.
I'm sure some of the 2,500 at SLC were beyond the moon that they played in their town.
And Missoula sure appreciated their show.

I know I would be excited if they came to Kansas City and played Starlight Theater!

Smaller crowds, with the right energy, can blow the doors off of a large show with the wrong crowd, or not enough of the right crowd.
Takin' it in stride!
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Strider1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: derek92, Xonk
Carl
Junior Boarder

#82649 2 years, 11 months ago
im not that surprised with the prices of furthur tickets. maybe if they got the prices down under $40 they could fill a place like that mid week.
Brickjp
Fresh Boarder

#82656 2 years, 11 months ago
It seemed like plenty more than 3500 last night. Definitely empty seats up top but didnt really bother me. I had my spot and loved the view. Maybe a bit more low key than some shows but I thought the second set rocked with some great treats in there!
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#82661 2 years, 11 months ago
Carl wrote:
im not that surprised with the prices of furthur tickets. maybe if they got the prices down under $40 they could fill a place like that mid week.

I paid $45 for my Albany ticket
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#82669 2 years, 11 months ago
Maybe 5,000 on a Saturday night in Wilkes Barre at a venue that holds 8,000. And don't forget the Penn State cancellation which, if I had to guess, had to do with light ticket sales.

Someone else posted on another thread that MSG tickets are selling for $35 on Stubhub.... not surprising for such a big venue I guess.

They've been touring a lot, compared to other bands. Which is great for US -- the devoted -- but the casual/curious fan isn't going to make the effort to hit every tour.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds