• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
spinneresque108
Junior Boarder

Re: Furthur needs a new FOH guy.

#23173 3 years, 5 months ago
They used to put REAL speakers in the hall (I'm thinking the basement at Oakland in the 90's). The speakers that were in the hall on this last NYE were tiny, bass-less and kind of terrible positioned as they were but I was very glad they were there because something is better than nothing in the hallway, NO DOUBT.

Re: our yapping about the sound. EXTRAORDINARY SOUND IS A GRATEFUL DEAD TRADITION, AS IS THE EXTRA EFFORT THAT IS REQUIRED TO MAKE IT SO.

The real 'yapping' problem has been mentioned on this board many times, that is people blabbing on about this or that on their phone or whatever throughout the whole show, but IF THE SOUND WAS GREAT THIS PROBLEM WOULD BE MUCH, MUCH SMALLER.

As our friend earlier upthread said: we don't want to have to 'try' to hear anyone in the mix (and we should not have to). BLOW OUR HAIR BACK PLEASE!!!!
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by spinneresque108.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420, Jimi-Row
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#23207 3 years, 5 months ago
lostsailor wrote:
Jimi-Row wrote:
Hey jbyerly,

I was at the Oxford 88 shows and they were awesome, incredibly fun and a great spot for my only trip to Maine!
I used to have audience reel to reels from there, I'd be happy just to have cassettes now!

Are you looking for the Oxford 88 show? I'm at work, but I am sure I can hook you up if your looking....

re: Sound- I spin, so I'm in the back, the outside hall (they put speakers out there <big big big thumbs up to that>) so I don't know what you guys are yapping about.

A spinner, hey ... who'da thunk it?

While I don't spin myself, I often find myself near a group of spinners .... as I often will gravitate to where there's more room.
CinnamonGirl53
Junior Boarder

#23244 3 years, 5 months ago
I love everything about this band, but please can you make some adjustments to the sound - Vocals primarily. Thanks!
*pict groover*
Jimi-Row
Fresh Boarder

#23675 3 years, 5 months ago
Hi Lost Salior!
If you have analog cassettes from Oxford 88, I'd greatly appreciate a hook up at your convenience. I can send you blanks and postage.
yatkoj
Junior Boarder

#23799 3 years, 5 months ago
i love furthur and seen em 11x and every time was amazing only prob i ever had with the sound was 1st nite in philly last summer at the mann center. The 1st few songs u couldnt hear the band...u could see em jammin out hard on the screen but no sound it was like wtf every1 was lookin at each other hopeing the sound would kick in n we wouldnt have 2 suffer and it did i think the 3rd song or so.....i can give the sound guy a break bc they get stuck on there way there from all good the nite before n still set up n get down to buiness only a couple mins late and put on one hell of a show once the sound kicked in deff top 3 show i ever seen.....
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#29429 3 years, 5 months ago
So I've been led to understand that Phish has switched from using the crap 8th Day Sound gear (which Furthur used on their first East Coast tour), and they have joined ranks with Claire from Pennsylvania, which I suggested Furthur take a look at earlier in this thread.

Evidently the new system was employed this weekend in Bethel. Any reviews? The funny part was we listened to last night's show on a stream, and I remarked how great the stream sounded. The are the guys whose system did the sound for Waters "The Wall" tour.

I'm guessing with the way Weir raved about his TRI Meyer system, we will unfortunately see no or limited changes. Maybe I'm wrong and they will share this system with Phish on the road in the east the since none of their dates overlap.

Anyhow, curious if anyone the folks in this thread happened to hear Phish in Bethel and could comment.

Really hope we get the sound goods this summer.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#29433 3 years, 5 months ago
and if they don't change anything (which I obviously wouldn't mind) they could still turn up Bob's mic! - was way to low at the Best Buy shows. it was good at RCMH though.
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#29631 3 years, 5 months ago
Nobody has a comment on the Phish sound this weekend? Nobody was at Bethel?
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#29643 3 years, 5 months ago
phish was crystal clear sound nice bass vibrations felt in the body coulda been louder but im losing my hearing soo take that with a grain of salt the vocals were clear on everyones mics 2 thumbs up i was under the shed last row far right looking at stage.PS the grounds at bethel are amazing the place is immaculate and the views when you walk in are amazing that place is the most beautiful venue ive been too aside from red rocks
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#29645 3 years, 5 months ago
Good to know.

I am looking forward to Merriweather. Booked a r/t flight from Islip to Baltimore for $98. Rental cat $40 for the weekend. Down Sat 11:30am and back Monday 8am. Looking forward to the checking it out. With the price of gas and summer beach traffic, this is a no brainer. Have Pit Sat and Reserved inside Sunday. Very interested to see what they have deployed. Interested to hear the reviews for the sound from Shoreline this weekend too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds