• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
shoelesh
Junior Boarder

Re: Furthur needs a new FOH guy.

#10770 3 years, 4 months ago
all i know the vocals live and on the recordings they are selling are sucking ballsacks ...the fact they are selling such terrible recordings is embarresing ...listen to north charleston , the vocals are horrid ...Kadlecik nees to be louder and more aggressive ....Jeff is the one replacing jerry are far as musicality ..though i guess Phil is running a tight as shit ship
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#10774 3 years, 4 months ago
Both Florida shows sounded MUCH better than the Tower shows,Bobs guitar was actually audible..
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#10776 3 years, 4 months ago
Shoelesh-try listening to the Boca show. I have not heard a recording yet but the vocals sounded great at the show. i agree that they are often lacking. But the backup singers do a great job and really add a lot to the vocals.
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#10777 3 years, 4 months ago
Gr8fulauditors wrote:
Both Florida shows sounded MUCH better than the Tower shows,Bobs guitar was actually audible..

Agree-I really enjoyed listening to Bob's guitar at Boca the whole show. And Orlando-what a satisfying dose of Loud Phil!
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#10780 3 years, 4 months ago
SHAGGYSAV wrote:
the show on 4-2-11 was great i hope your not talkin bout that tour

Actually that Charleston show was one of my favorite shows of the tour. I thought it had the best crowd energy of the tour.
Lazylightnin
Fresh Boarder

#10800 3 years, 4 months ago
I was on John's side up front for most of the Tower run, and the sound was pretty good. Not full enough, IMHO. Then, I was on Jeff's side for the last night third row, and it SMOKED!! I also agree, FF was the best sound I have ever heard from the band, hands down. Whatever they did there, go back to it! That is all. Carry on.
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#10810 3 years, 4 months ago
Lazylightnin wrote:
I was on John's side up front for most of the Tower run, and the sound was pretty good. Not full enough, IMHO. Then, I was on Jeff's side for the last night third row, and it SMOKED!! I also agree, FF was the best sound I have ever heard from the band, hands down. Whatever they did there, go back to it! That is all. Carry on.

What is FF?
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#10814 3 years, 4 months ago
guitargeorge wrote:
Lazylightnin wrote:

What is FF?

FF = furthur fest (Angles Camp shows from last year over memorial day)
The following user(s) said Thank You: guitargeorge
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#10816 3 years, 4 months ago
Thanks FaceOnMars. I was not there but heard the sound was great there. Another outdoor venue...Boca sound was great and the only outdoor venue I've seen Furthur at.
terrapin_blue
Junior Boarder

#10819 3 years, 4 months ago
I agree. The shows at Red Rocks were pretty rough at times (although perfect at others...), although it is an outdoor venue so it is a little tougher I would guess. At broomfield the vocals felt really quiet, and muddy. The instruments were nicely mixed I thought though, although Russo felt quieter during this run.
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#10821 3 years, 4 months ago
Boca and Tower are going to be as easy as venues can get. Even Binghamton is a pretty good darn sounding hall.

I guess the best way to describe it is I feel like we are getting a cookie cutter approach. Set it and forget it. If it works it works, if it doesn't it doesn't. It puts added pressure on the mix and the band. I would rather see an active participant with love for the music that has their backs and the fans too. Maybe I'm completely wrong, and if I am I apologize.
Loonyj
Junior Boarder

#10877 3 years, 4 months ago
Alcons Monitors with the ribbons are my current favorite, Adamson I like as well.

A lot of the PA amplifiers have gone to switchin class D type, and they just sound cold, they weigh less and consume a whole lot less power but ---- they suck!
My favorite show, is the next one!
www.phumes.com
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds