• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

Re: Furthur needs a new FOH guy.

#10821 3 years, 6 months ago
Boca and Tower are going to be as easy as venues can get. Even Binghamton is a pretty good darn sounding hall.

I guess the best way to describe it is I feel like we are getting a cookie cutter approach. Set it and forget it. If it works it works, if it doesn't it doesn't. It puts added pressure on the mix and the band. I would rather see an active participant with love for the music that has their backs and the fans too. Maybe I'm completely wrong, and if I am I apologize.
Loonyj
Junior Boarder

#10877 3 years, 6 months ago
Alcons Monitors with the ribbons are my current favorite, Adamson I like as well.

A lot of the PA amplifiers have gone to switchin class D type, and they just sound cold, they weigh less and consume a whole lot less power but ---- they suck!
My favorite show, is the next one!
www.phumes.com
Jeff H
Fresh Boarder

#10909 3 years, 6 months ago
I agree 100% with the urgent need for something to be done about the sound at Furthur shows.

I am one of their biggest fans, but nearly every show I have seen has had various sound problems. I am not an audio expert, but to me the sad thing is that this band IS SO F()CKING GREAT that it is an absolute tragedy that the same cannot be said of the format on which it is being recorded. Like, seriously, with modern technology, is it really all that hard to get the sound right? We know so much more about sound than we did in 1972, yet Phil and Bob are seemingly okay with medocre sound.

At any rate, I will support these guys till the end and I would just like to be crystal clear that this band is the BEST thing since Brent passed....Thank you so much for the magic, guys....I can't wait until Summer!

Best,
Jeff H
The following user(s) said Thank You: CinnamonGirl53
Jack_Straw
Junior Boarder

#10939 3 years, 6 months ago
Charlie Sheen wrote:
stay away from the scene because "we don't love you."

TICKET PRICES ARE VERY VERY EXPENSIVE.

When I am at a show I EXPECT THE SOUND to be DECENT at 75+ bucks per ticket.

I was at 2 shows and the sound at both was PITIFUL.

Sorry to pop your balloon. Charlie. The sound guy was not WINNING

((THE SCENE))???????

LOLLERCAUST. I am the FURTHURest thing from a bloody SCENESTER. I cant stand the DIRTY WOOK SCENE you speak of.

I attend for the music friend, SCENE

LOL what are you 15 and trying to earn your (((WINGS)))???

SORRY FOR HONESTY"N
cut his buddy down
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by Jack_Straw.
lookatitright
Junior Boarder

#10949 3 years, 6 months ago
all i know the vocals live and on the recordings they are selling are sucking ballsacks ...the fact they are selling such terrible recordings is embarresing ...listen to north charleston , the vocals are horrid ..///////////////////

Hard to argue with that. Just listen to any of the 3 OFFICIAL releases---and any GD soundboard from decades ago. The decades ago shows are far superior. Difficult to wrap one's mind around that.

As to these official releases, the vocals are horribly low (misguided "matrix" attempt-sounds like vocals are either miles away or on a boombox being recorded), and the rest of the mix very muddy. We all just love the product the band is putting out music wise and want to hear it live and on boards that reflect the level of musicianship. Really hope Phil comes on here and discusses the live sound and the releases and their quality. I would point him to the Dead 09 official releases as much, much warmer than the sterile, botched matrix stuff coming our under the Furthur banner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack_Straw
jbyerly
Junior Boarder

#11023 3 years, 6 months ago
This discussion is continuing, I had not checked in a few days. More people have jumped in on this subject which tells me we just like to bitch a lot OR we all want to hear the most incredible sound possible from the boys we so dearly love to the Grateful end.
Philzone Phan
lookatitright
Junior Boarder

#12937 3 years, 6 months ago
Think it's the latter. We all experienced the great care the GD put into sound, and how great the sound experience at shows was. This band (Furthur) has been lighting it up and many just want to see the sound commensurate with where the band is now at.

Started as low key, small room anti the hype of TD 09 band. Now, it's at RCMH, the Garden, Shoreline etc. Different world and the sound needs to catch up.

Here's looking forward to Shoreline sounding better.
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

#18716 3 years, 5 months ago
For me, not matter what the band or the venue, it's about finding the sweet spot in the room. With reserved tickets it's not as easy. But in a GA situation it is very easy to secure.
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
jbyerly
Junior Boarder

#21178 3 years, 5 months ago
I am going to the NC & SC shows this summer. I have avoided outdoor shows like the plague because I want to here the boys. the last outdoor show I saw was July 1988 Oxford, Me. and was on the wall the first night and sound was good. second night in the stands and it was ok. Aud tapes from this show are pretty good. I have front section seats for both shows this summer so it will be interesting to see what kind of sound I get in those areas. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas Day
Philzone Phan
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by jbyerly.
Jimi-Row
Fresh Boarder

#21774 3 years, 5 months ago
I'm going to Shoreline 6/3 & 4, and I haven't seen Furthur yet.

I've seen GD , JGB, Phil & Friends, Ratdog, and even Bobby & the Midnights over the years from 1981 on.
In total around 400+ shows mostly in the 80's & 90's when I toured heavily, in venues as small as JGB at the Stone Theater
up to the largest stadiums like RFK etc.

My friends tell me I need to go again, so I hope the sound situation isn't as bad as it appears to be reported here.

I'm a Pro Audio Engineer, and IF Furthur needs a new FOH Engineer I'm interested in the job!!

The sound is what made them the BEST touring band ever, because we all know they couldn't play the BEST every night.

I can hardly wait to find out what they sound like now.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds