• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

MAN that Good Morning Lil Schoolgirl

#82189 2 years, 11 months ago
Bob just butchered the 10/8 GMLS....sounds drunk or tired as fuck. Poor guy.
derek92
Junior Boarder

Re: MAN that Good Morning Lil Schoolgirl

#82591 2 years, 11 months ago
ya i never liked bobs take on it either but it is a great song
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#82605 2 years, 11 months ago
I love Furthur sooo much! I love everything they offer. But their Schoolgirl verision I am not a fan of. I'm a huge Pigpen fan and they just don't do it justice for my man! Please Furthur change it up!!!

There just ain't nothing quite like Ron singing it and playing his harmonica!!!

RIP Pigpen!!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#82614 2 years, 11 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
I love Furthur sooo much! I love everything they offer. But their Schoolgirl verision I am not a fan of. I'm a huge Pigpen fan and they just don't do it justice for my man! Please Furthur change it up!!!

There just ain't nothing quite like Ron singing it and playing his harmonica!!!

RIP Pigpen!!!

I agree nobody has come to replacing Pigpen. IMO he was the real musical front man with a knack for leading and improvising vocals. But I was born too late.....So.....I treasure every time I hear them play Little School Girl, and Alligator, etc. Not much different than lovelight or good love...Bobby is no where near as flamboyant, but I still enjoy hearing these songs being played.

It's funny though, for me some of the Jerry songs are sacred, especially the way the JGB used to play em. So I hear ya, loud and clear.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#82620 2 years, 11 months ago
I love this tune... that said this is a case of screwing up a great song by changing it.... Kinda Like Claptons remade After Midnight..the original "shuffle " was just exactly perfect bum da da da da dum dom dom dom.......... Bobs been playing it this new way with Ratdog for years.... its like the new coke ..no you can't top the original (and no not Casey Jones haha)
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder

#82906 2 years, 11 months ago
We were streaming the show and I was cooking in the kitchen, every song was great up until then, we were jammin' and groovin' to every song, it seemed like such a great set so far. School Girl came on and I couldn't even recognize it. I go "what song is this?" to my husband and he goes "I don't know". Now that's kinda sad to hear a song that was so incredible in the days, be transformed into something so disguised.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds