• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

eclipse vocals

#81736 2 years, 9 months ago
listen to this breakout from RCMH where jeff pehrson has lead vocals. he knocks it out of the park i love it. as much as i love phil i think jeff should be manning that one down. i've seen 2 with phil vox and i have not been as impressed as i was that night. but that night in itself was pure magic, god bless you owsley.

www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-03-2...ficial.113515.flac16

this was the night i talked to rock scully i saw him milling around the theater during setbreak and decided to chat with him and see how he liked the tribute to bear...he was having a good time he was all dressed up in a jacket no tie...he said he loved the set, brought him back some years. he also liked the alice d. millionaire breakout for bear. i remember when he died i think it was on the 12th or 13th of march the next night phil came out and said "i did something tonight i haven't done in a really long time.......I ATE A STEAK.....RARE!" (you can only imagine the possibilities everybody was thinking)...people were handing out doses the rest of the run there and onward into philly in honor of bear it was almost too much that week.

the entire 2nd set is just sickeningly packed with jams but jesus the mountains of the moon is legitimately other worldly, out of control, slides back to the dark star, and the transition to terrapin is perfect

i know someone had a thread about last nights terp, try this set on for size, will not disappoint
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by wlewis.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: eclipse vocals

#81772 2 years, 9 months ago
those radio city shows were awesome i didnt make that nite but got in the other 2 bought all 3 downloads and listen all the time in the car,pop em in the ride to nyc flies by
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#81776 2 years, 9 months ago
Thanks for bringing this up. That show was probably the best show musically that ive seen Furthur perform. The second set is definitely something from another world. I made a good choice by deciding to hit all 3 of these shows. Considering the lights, the awe-inspiring venue itself, and the band, Radio City is a pretty psychedelic venue.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#81812 2 years, 9 months ago
those were 3 great shows and the eclipse bust out was wonderful, jeff did a great job. This could just be cause I was on a ton of mushrooms and just coming out of the bad time I was having at SPAC when Phil sang eclipse but there was something about Phil singing it that night that seemed very special to me.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#81818 2 years, 9 months ago
i agree it was special f or phil to sing it, but jeff just sounds so good on it!!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#81821 2 years, 9 months ago
Yes 83 those shows were magical. each show was unique to itself, and they were quite long too compared to some other shows. Eclipse was the perfect addition to a very spacey night. A beautiful Dark Star was also in this show we a almost feedback jam time moment in it.
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds