• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
theothrone
Senior Boarder
-

Re: save the nitrous tanks

#110775 2 years, 7 months ago
All i know is my first show (stabler arena), when i came out i was almost attacked by people selling balloons, as well as popping them in my face, since i've had about no respect for them.
it's an obsession but it's pleasing
Setlist Forget Machine
Fresh Boarder

#110827 2 years, 7 months ago
What used to be fun, say in a van/Winnebago at a festival or in the hotel room (gets too loud late, though), is almost never fun in the lot now. The mafia kooks have definitely taken over, and they suck. Even across the street from Bill Graham Civic for the NYE run this year. Amazing bravado.

Can't say I'd never get whacky with a little gas ever again, but not in the presence of these sketchy mafia guys.

Kind of miss the old backyard tank parties...ah, better to just enjoy a quality microbrew.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#110864 2 years, 7 months ago
ill share with you a game me and my friends used to play when a no2 guy would wake us up with a tank and keep everyone away, now this is in a campground at deercreak, not a parking lot, so take that in to consideration, ok, you hide in the back of a van/truck/whatever with a very low powered bb gun, and pop every balloon they fill. it is halarious. they blame each other, then the tank, the balloons, etc. be careful not to laugh to loud, or they will find you. and try not to hit them in the eye. (sorry one eyed nirtous mafia dude)
The following user(s) said Thank You: theothrone
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#110873 2 years, 7 months ago
It's not too tough for you hotel folks to buy a piece of 1 inch hose, a clamp, and a wood screw. Just shove a sock or something into the hose, screw the wood screw in one end to keep the sock from blowing out, then slide the hose onto the tank nozzle and clamp it down. Voila! You have a silencer for hours of quiet wahwahwahwah fun!
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#111194 2 years, 7 months ago
nitrous is so dirty... KEEP OUR BEAUTIFUL SCENE CLEAN...

and expand your mind dont waste it!

Cause our time here is important
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
The following user(s) said Thank You: nwnjsteve
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#111216 2 years, 7 months ago
How is nitrous dirty? The gas I inhale is more pure/clean than the air you breathe all day every day!
Setlist Forget Machine
Fresh Boarder

#112770 2 years, 7 months ago
Know your source, that's all. Dental grade, licensed retailer. No car stuff or shady mafia gas.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#112784 2 years, 7 months ago
Totally agree with gratefuldad on all counts. I have scoured the web in search of negative effects of nitrous and have only found the b12 depletion. Nitrous actually contains oxygen so all those people saying it kills braincells from cutting off oxygen are full of shit unless you use a mask and forget its on or keep breathing back into your balloon. Only time I ever ate shit was because I was standing up like a dumbass, just sit down if you don't you will eventually face plant. You wouldn't puff deemsters driving don't hit balloons standing. As for quality get medical grade or get nothing at all. If it tastes like sulfur, fuck that. It bums me out how bad of a rap it gets, I hate the Mafia scene and the littering aspect but thats why I don't buy from them and always throw my balloons away. I hate that people leave trash and beer all over the lot too but it doesn't keep me from eating and having a couple beers, just be smart about it. Best bet for me is to keep a tank at the hotel or in the car and keep it on the down low. After the thoughts and sights I've experienced from ballons mixed with pschedelics, no one can ever tell me different. Just stop judging and educate yourself people LSD doesn't have rat poison, it doesn't stay in your spinal fluid, and pot doesn't make you do heroin or other drugs, that's all you. My 3 cents wawawawa!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Setlist Forget Machine
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#112787 2 years, 7 months ago
talking about personal n20, the guy next to us at the 93 knick show had a gorgeous old car (like a pontiac- you know- the fins and all that). And he had a personal sized tank. We asked if he'd be willing to trade, etc. and he said no, just personal consumption....

I come back from roaming and the police have taken the car a part. Door things are off, everything is out of the car- stripped bare. Poor guy was gogin to start crying....
69DireWolf69
Fresh Boarder

#277608 1 year ago
rockinbob wrote:
Those mafia tank sellers are AWFUL FOR ALL OF US!! Strider is right, we should all show up with FREE BALLOONS just to kill off the profiteers who are using OUR community for their GREEDY SELVES.

n2o tanks in lots of shows have been something that's been happening for decades. I remember seeing them at dead shows in the 70s.

GDF = a bunch of self-righteous posers who roll around in patchwork (still...) trying to convince others to buy a "rock on a string" for $10 (or 2 for $25) so they can have enough gas $$ to get to the next ratdog tour stop, where they will proceed to eat as much L as they can buy, while forming several unrelated drum circles... which inevitably converge to become 1 big loud smelly gathering of malnourished sketchballs who feel the need to beat incessantly on djembes, tombas, bongos & other assorted african hand instruments until the police force them out of the lot 2 days later. at this point, you will probably hear something about one of them needing money to get their friend "Rain" out of jail, because of some trumped-up coke trafficing charge & how he/she was just minding their own business at the time. They will also need a ride to said "jail", where, upon arrival they will generously pay you in owl feathers for your trouble, while asking for cigarettes "for the road". After, you should check your car seats for a gatorade bottle filled with piss or perhaps a used tampon tucked snugly behind the driver seat in that map-pocket-looking thingy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds