• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Amherst had the Greatest Terrapin transitions Ever

#81588 2 years, 10 months ago
I wish we were all a bit younger too. But I just feel so blessed that we're able to do this at all.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#81646 2 years, 10 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
Amherst was a bomb show!! Foolish heart opener really set the mood for the show and the odd transition into next time you see me was only a hiccup and the loose lucy was super rocking and appreciated by all, looks like rain and TLEO carried through with the love, loss, and ladies theme of the night and the oddly timed and arranged good-morning little schoolgirl was a surprise and uniquely new and Furthur. With a kick-ass Sittin' on Top of the World to close out the first set!! no bad for a nice little themed first set! Second set though took the cake just like in manchester the other night Golden Slumbers>Golden Road was frigging sweet and got the whole place dancing for the second set before launching into one of the best Furthur show closers I have ever heard played. Scarlet>Colors of the rain>Lost Sailor>Saint>New Potato Caboose>Terrapin Suite.

Ps. checkout the end sequence of the show not only is the lead up amazing with super-jammed out songs but the transition from new potato to terrapin is probably one of my favorite Furthur moments ever!!! Listen to the transition, the crowd was hanging on every note and the quiet tenderness of the sounds the band created had everyone floating on either. Truly epic and truly special. Get a copy of this show!!! please!! The end segment is truly phenomenal

thanks for the light review and glad you had a good time. i unfortunately fell asleep at 6:30 and missed the entire stream...although, what do you mean uniquely new and Furthur, about the school girl? they just played it with a different arrangement than previous versions? can't wait to listen to this one
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#81694 2 years, 10 months ago
missed my terrapin by one dayhuh? gonna have to hear the tapes
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#81696 2 years, 10 months ago
i agree that the Terrapin was well played with tighter transitions than what we've heard previously.

as for Schoolgirl, they definitely need to bag the current arrangement. it is horrible!!! Pigpen has to be rolling over in his grave. what the hell is Bobby thinking?!
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#81704 2 years, 10 months ago
Hi parade....here comes the rain.

Thought last night's show lacked some energy. And who can blame them for the ridiculous 4 day journey from New Hampshire to PA and back up to Mass.

Terrapin was very good, as was most of the second set, but doesn't really hold a candle to first three shows of the tour. And I'm the King of just missing the good show by a day.

First set was fine if you like a blues beat.

School girl was unrecognizable, although I thought it sounded like Next Time You See Me....and had to laugh when I saw they actually switched em up from the original set list.

JK was on with Foolish Heart, Doin' That Rag and Sittin On Top of the World.

Like They Love Each Other faster, but can't really do that song wrong for me.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a lover and not a hater. And I didn't hate the show/ I'm sure if I was there I would have scored it higher and come out smiling. But they've set the bar pretty high, so you have to call them as you hear em.
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#81716 2 years, 10 months ago
Show isn't up yet on archive or other sites. Listening to Mohegan Sun Arena show now. What a great one so far, Hell in a Bucket opener was awesome so was the Weight.
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds