• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Amherst had the Greatest Terrapin transitions Ever

#81494 2 years, 11 months ago
Amherst was a bomb show!! Foolish heart opener really set the mood for the show and the odd transition into next time you see me was only a hiccup and the loose lucy was super rocking and appreciated by all, looks like rain and TLEO carried through with the love, loss, and ladies theme of the night and the oddly timed and arranged good-morning little schoolgirl was a surprise and uniquely new and Furthur. With a kick-ass Sittin' on Top of the World to close out the first set!! no bad for a nice little themed first set! Second set though took the cake just like in manchester the other night Golden Slumbers>Golden Road was frigging sweet and got the whole place dancing for the second set before launching into one of the best Furthur show closers I have ever heard played. Scarlet>Colors of the rain>Lost Sailor>Saint>New Potato Caboose>Terrapin Suite.

Ps. checkout the end sequence of the show not only is the lead up amazing with super-jammed out songs but the transition from new potato to terrapin is probably one of my favorite Furthur moments ever!!! Listen to the transition, the crowd was hanging on every note and the quiet tenderness of the sounds the band created had everyone floating on either. Truly epic and truly special. Get a copy of this show!!! please!! The end segment is truly phenomenal
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Amherst had the Greatest Terrapin transitions Ever

#81543 2 years, 11 months ago
Yeah. Last night I posted in the show thread that it was the best Terrapin I've heard Furthur play.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#81547 2 years, 11 months ago
Killer show. I loved the more mellow vibe in the venue and between the band, this is actually the type of show I was expecting last night. Terrapin was very nice, as was the Samson encore for a change. 4 great shows so far.
Chester
More or less in line

#81556 2 years, 11 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
Killer show. I loved the more mellow vibe in the venue and between the band, this is actually the type of show I was expecting last night. Terrapin was very nice, as was the Samson encore for a change. 4 great shows so far.

Yeah, very nice show last night. We did have a stream, and that Terrapin was wonderful.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Mr. E. Space
Fresh Boarder

#81557 2 years, 11 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:

Samson and Delilah should be expected on a Sunday!
Mr. E. Space
Fresh Boarder

#81559 2 years, 11 months ago
Equinox wrote:
Yeah. Last night I posted in the show thread that it was the best Terrapin I've heard Furthur play.

MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#81567 2 years, 11 months ago
Mr. E. Space wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:

oh I was defintley expecting, I just never got it as an encore before - usually opens....
Chester
More or less in line

#81570 2 years, 11 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
Mr. E. Space wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:

oh I was defintley expecting, I just never got it as an encore before - usually opens....

I do like that they're mixing it up. Same with OMSN. I like that as a set opener.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan, deadontherivet
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#81573 2 years, 11 months ago
That Terrapin last night was unreal. JK is really coming into his own. I hope we get another one of those next week. The only thing I would of wanted is a transition into fire to end the show. I was hoping after we got Scarlett earlier.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#81581 2 years, 11 months ago
Loved last night's show also... It was really well played and I don't know if it's just me but listening to the two previous nights, I noticed that Bob has stepped up his vocals compared to the past couple of tours. Not saying that he remembered every lyric, but he is really making the effort to project and carry notes... No so called "shatnerizing" just more like the GD Bobby we all have grown to love. Phil is also having a ball (all smiles) and being that we were sitting just in front of the stack we were blasted by those bombs especially during Terrapin. Great solos & interplay by John & Jeff on synthesizer & midi.... This band gets better with each tour, just wish they (we) were all a few years younger so we could stretch out the years.... Grateful for each and every show!!!! <3
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Chester
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds