• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Big River.....

#80897 2 years, 8 months ago
I was listing to last nights big river and it used to be a sing I would dance my ass off cause I love the song and the high tempo. But last nights the tempo was way down, didnt real enjoy it as much. Any other thoughts
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Big River.....

#80899 2 years, 8 months ago
I actually thought it was great, defintley different but I liked it, but I also like that kind of more mellow style - the jams in it were great. I thought that, along with a few other songs seemed longer and more Jammy then they have been doing them lately
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#80920 2 years, 8 months ago
I think it was more Ratdogesque.. I loved it.. I loved it all...
I turned around once and asked WITS, how are you doing back there?
He says: Good ship lollypop baby..
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#80923 2 years, 8 months ago
I like the blazing Jerry version, but was happy with last night's too....maybe they were saving energy for that awesome Casey Jones.

It also came after a spectacular Althea that brought some heat..
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#80947 2 years, 8 months ago
Maggie farm has slowed down alot from the grateful dead as well as big river but they still make it sound so good. I would like to see them speed up a little.
GOOD LOVE
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#81333 2 years, 8 months ago
I thought River was Maggie's and almost shit myself cuz I am tired of the way they do Maggie's.

But then it was River and I liked it anyway. I, too, enjoy it uptempo...but have you heard the tempo of BUCKET these days?! Damn.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#81432 2 years, 8 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
I thought River was Maggie's and almost shit myself cuz I am tired of the way they do Maggie's.

But then it was River and I liked it anyway. I, too, enjoy it uptempo...but have you heard the tempo of BUCKET these days?! Damn.

as soon as they tuned up f or it i said big river...when they started playing, i was thinking this is too slow for a big river, sounds like maggies, and "i taught that weeping willow..."

i actually really liked it, it was so different than usual, and that is what i crave from this band, and i know they can deliver. this is not the only song they've been doing that with. also check out the sped up tempo of dear prudence on this night.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#81443 2 years, 8 months ago
I cast my vote for returning maggies to the arrangement the GD played
TheWuby
Junior Boarder
If you get confused just listen to the music play

#81486 2 years, 8 months ago
I want to hear the dancier '72 version of they love each other, with the alternate lyrics, I like the slower version as well, but I just love that bouncy boogie down feeling of the version from '72ish
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#81649 2 years, 8 months ago
i think you mean 73

the song didn't debut until 1973-02-09
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheWuby
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds