• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

fucking with me on the highway

#80847 2 years, 8 months ago
I don't know what this guys problem was - if he was just drunk but it seemed like he was intentially fucking with me big time. I'm always a very courteous driver and theres no way I did anything to make him mad. This guy was driving behind me with his lights off (at like 2 or 3am) and he would flash them on and then turn them off, the roads were so dark I had no idea where he was a lot of the time. Eventually he started driving with just his parking lights on, I tried to slow down and let him pass but he just slowed down to, and then when I stepped on it, he did the same. He kept getting right on my ass with just his parking lights on, every once in a while he would flash his head lights and then turn them off. I pulled in the slow lane with my hazards on and went real slow and he would just stay behind me. He even drove by a cop like that who was facing the other side of the highway watching traffic, I'm suprised the cop didn't see - he was probably sleeping on the job!

I thought this guy was going to rear end me it was so sketchy, I didn't want to stop incase thaty was his plan to try to rob me or something. After like 20-30 minutes the idiot finally passed me so I slowed way down and didn't go near him again - if he followed me off the highway I was going to drive right to the police station.

what a fucking jerk that guy was, his lights obviously worked and was just being stupid. I could tell he was fucked up by his driving when he finally swerved by me but I didn't even think to try to get his plate number (problem wouldn't of been able to anyway) I was just happy when he wasn't behind me anymore.

one of the most important things about driving is watching out for other idiots on the road, I was seriously getting pretty sketched out and thought the guy was going to hit me.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by MushroomMan.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

Re: fucking with me on the highway

#80855 2 years, 8 months ago
True story here, we had a guy do the same thing down a back road behind us for almost twenty thirty minutes, my buddy kept asking me is that a cop car, is that a cop car? Surely not, I said. It turns out the asshole was a police officer in his car. He drove on by us.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#80858 2 years, 8 months ago
this def wasn't a cop car but I didn't see the actual person at all, seemed drunk for sure by his driving
Tom Foolery
Fresh Boarder

#80872 2 years, 8 months ago
Sorry to hear that MM, glad you are all right. This is actually Island Head, I am just setting my friend Tom up with an account. Since you have been to the first 3 shows, which do you feel was best so far? Listening to last night now, they sound fired up right out of the gate. Have a great show tonight, see you at MSG.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#80883 2 years, 8 months ago
it's hard to pick which one I liked best when they were all so good, last night seemed a bit more mellow then the first to in general. The jams last night I thought were pretty far out and sounding like there trying new things, especially the first set - Big River/Mean Mr. Mustard ..... just listen for yourself, its on gdradio now I think...
Tom Foolery
Fresh Boarder

#80888 2 years, 8 months ago
yup, we got it on right now, Big Bad Blues sounds sweet. I really liked the Mountain Song in Portland, it was the first time I saw it live. After tonight's show I'm sure you will be happy to rest your bones for 3 days till MSG. Be safe tonight, hope you don't run into any more weirdos
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#80889 2 years, 8 months ago
Sure you didn't leave something important on the roof of your car?

Seriously though that ain't cool.

One I was four-wheelin in the Panamint Mountains of DEath Valley, CA out near the old Barker Ranch and there, at night, out in the middle of nowhere, another truck came up behind me and my friend. Well you've got nowhere to go, and the trails are tight, and its annoying to have lights in your rear, so we stopped to let him go by and he stopped next to u to talk, he got out, so we got out asap as well. He was wearing a revolver, cowboy style, though definitely not a cop. We had a rifle in the truck so one of us stayed by the cab at all times.

We were at least 50 miles from the next facilities and no cell phone signal and the whole conversation was sketchy... the guy felt unstable and if we were too nice or not nice enough things might spin out of control. He kept offering for us to drive about 5miles into another canyon to a cabin where we could "party". Me and my friend were like "wtf is this dude doing out here by himself???"

Eventually after talking about the nearby Barker ranch and several other landmarks in the area, we just suggested we let him move ahead of us since he knew the trail better, and he moved on. Probably was a normal dude but it sure didn't seem like it at the time...
Xonk
Junior Boarder

#80895 2 years, 8 months ago
Man, some people are just weird! Sorry to hear that MM. Nice new Picture by the way!
furthurfeline
Junior Boarder

#80900 2 years, 8 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I don't know what this guys problem was - if he was just drunk but it seemed like he was intentially fucking with me big time. I'm always a very courteous driver and theres no way I did anything to make him mad. This guy was driving behind me with his lights off (at like 2 or 3am) and he would flash them on and then turn them off, the roads were so dark I had no idea where he was a lot of the time. Eventually he started driving with just his parking lights on, I tried to slow down and let him pass but he just slowed down to, and then when I stepped on it, he did the same. He kept getting right on my ass with just his parking lights on, every once in a while he would flash his head lights and then turn them off. I pulled in the slow lane with my hazards on and went real slow and he would just stay behind me. He even drove by a cop like that who was facing the other side of the highway watching traffic, I'm suprised the cop didn't see - he was probably sleeping on the job!

I thought this guy was going to rear end me it was so sketchy, I didn't want to stop incase thaty was his plan to try to rob me or something. After like 20-30 minutes the idiot finally passed me so I slowed way down and didn't go near him again - if he followed me off the highway I was going to drive right to the police station.

what a fucking jerk that guy was, his lights obviously worked and was just being stupid. I could tell he was fucked up by his driving when he finally swerved by me but I didn't even think to try to get his plate number (problem wouldn't of been able to anyway) I was just happy when he wasn't behind me anymore.

one of the most important things about driving is watching out for other idiots on the road, I was seriously getting pretty sketched out and thought the guy was going to hit me.

Wow! We drove home to Maine from Manchester show on Thursday night and had the same problem. I kinda figured it was someone with headlight trouble. We finally sped up and left him stuck behind a tractor trailer truck because it made us feel uneasy.
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

#80902 2 years, 8 months ago
we are in weird times,brother........I think these tough times,some folks are taking there aggresssions out on the road..glad your safe!
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds