• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
a cat under the stars
Fresh Boarder

Re: Will Furthur keep it weird??

#8112 3 years, 4 months ago
I can complain. It would be weird if we didn't.

I have my gripes and I have shared them on DNC, but for every gripe I have something positive and I can see improvement.

I hope this Tuesday on my bday.. I get something specially weird.

with that said.. this music was intended to be played without a net.

new songs get worked out between tours and before shows... it can be done.. but when you focus on the older ones, they ought to take more risks.

Also with that said I am aware some of their recent song choices are definitely risky
a cat under the stars
Fresh Boarder

#8113 3 years, 4 months ago
fair enough....

all though probably 70 percent of the attendees had no idea what that songs was, let alone a dead tune.

Time to drop the nostalgia act and start melting peoples faces right off. We are seriously lacking in the face melt department... Oh jerry where are you when we need you most??

lol
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#8117 3 years, 4 months ago
i think the weirdness factor declines with the usage of psychedelics im sure they aint using anymore so ya get what ya get.i think(my opinion) the set lists are to estimate the time onstage union wages aint cheap and if they go past the alloted time its big bucks,plus the trucks have to be packed and moved to the next show often the next night doesnt really allow for free form jamming till the wee hours.I do like the jams of old ,thank god for the archive
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder

#8119 3 years, 4 months ago
a cat under the stars wrote:
Time to drop the nostalgia actl

I recommend you sell your tickets. Go do something else. I pretty much guarantee you won't enjoy the show with your preconceptions and needs.
a cat under the stars
Fresh Boarder

#8120 3 years, 4 months ago
ugh this is why this site can be sooo lame..

fan boys are pathetic.

DUDE.... I like furthur.. I plan on going.. these are wishes.. not demands... stop being a prissy fucker.. ok??
a cat under the stars
Fresh Boarder

#8123 3 years, 4 months ago
I recommend you sell your tickets. Go do something else. I pretty much guarantee you won't enjoy the show with your preconceptions and needs.[/quote]

who the hell are you to tell people that as well??

I am sorry I would like to see this band develop and mature and get better.. maybe you like the nostalgia act approach.

good for you...

also, I enjoy many aspects of this band and actually mentioned that.

yet.... the defensive fanboys get their panties wadded up and start going.. he said something critical... or... he wants them to become a better band.. he;s bad.. his vibes are bad.. and and and I hope Phil and Jill see how much I looove them..

get a grip dude.

If people cannot wish for something... or contemplate something... then maybe you ought to try just talking to yourself for a good 24 hours... or more.. and see how that works out for you..

go in the closet lock the door and start agreeing with yourself..
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by a cat under the stars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#8124 3 years, 4 months ago
I think sat RCMH had a lot more jams than sun but both were amazing shows. As for WBOTB most people around me didn't know the song so they didn't appreciate what they were wittnessing
The voices tell me what to say
a cat under the stars
Fresh Boarder

#8125 3 years, 4 months ago
hey let me add.. I dont want to be ruse,. but i just find it weird that someone would respond that way...especially since I was not being overly negative...
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder

#8126 3 years, 4 months ago
Hahahaaa.

Have a good show Cat.

Hope it's weird enough for you.

Try not to meltdown today ok? I'm sure it's beautiful outside.
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

#8127 3 years, 4 months ago
cat, I agree with everything your saying. I also think they should cut back on the Beatles covers
you know why we travel all over and sleep in shitty hotels and drop $60 on a ticket, and its not for the Beatles.
the best way to take it FURTHUR would be to search for the sound that the grateful dead had at their best.
It's the clarity, simplicity, beauty, and weeeirrdnes that we love.
don't be afraid to slow it down and space it out. It's not a mountain if there aint a valley.
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds