• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
a cat under the stars
Fresh Boarder

Will Furthur keep it weird??

#8065 3 years ago
Iknow as we age, things change, but something that does not change

we all dropped off into the chasm of psychedelic weirdness long ago and it will forever stick to our brains.

With that said... I would like to see them start to get weeeeeeirder...

If you play darkstar

play that thing for 30 minutes. Let it develop, let it build, let it get weird.

Same with all their tunes. I feel tinges of it every now and then, but always remember You are a psychedelic dance band...

and I want to get my freak on... we will ensure that everyone in the audience is properly weird too..

let's do this

Orlando

let's take this to another planet for a few hours...

and STOP USING SETLISTS!!!!!!!!!!

you do not need too... everyone knows the tunes now, play it by ear.. bring back that spirit of adventure...

I would wait for a few minutes for you guys to discuss it...and then just blast out some surprise.. do it do it do it
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Colorado Greg, StaggerLee13, Capitol L, jodiah
derek92
Junior Boarder

Re: Will Furthur keep it weird??

#8077 3 years ago
i agree it would be nice for some longer developed dark stars also the setlist idea is cool
a cat under the stars
Fresh Boarder

#8080 3 years ago
Yeah. I would like them to stretch out any number of tunes that have the potential. Also, why have a setlist at this point. i understand having a road map, but it seems they follow the setlist to a tee and from what I understood and this was from Mickey, they did not use setlists(the Gd that is)

spice it up let the music flow, stop forcing transitions that do not need to happen... certain songs flow better into other...
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder

#8082 3 years ago
If you had seen the Sunday RCMH show you would know that they are, and will continue to be, very weird.
a cat under the stars
Fresh Boarder

#8086 3 years ago
Thats not weird... that was a sing along. Also, it relied almost solely on guest stars.

Totally missing the point

no set list

no net...
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#8100 3 years ago
Not sure if I agree. I love weirdness but not the whole show. I love the sing alongs. This band has put some nice jamming in. Listen to the jam into Mighty quinn from hampton also the china cat into shakedown was awesome. This band is getting better everytime 5 furthur shows down and hopefully more to come
GOOD LOVE
Chester
More or less in line

#8102 3 years ago
I don't think the whole show should melt into weirdness, but I like what Cat said, explore more. Like you used to. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
onthebusin03
Junior Boarder

#8104 3 years ago
Definitely impressed with the growth Furthur has shown. Great start.

However, agreed about ditching the setlist... If they're all planning on sticking around for a bit, it could be a fun new challenge for them. We're seeing some audibles, a song switched, an insert of a jam, etc., but they're sticking fairly close to the plan.

The best part is watching the progress.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#8109 3 years ago
I'm alweays down for some more weirdness!

Allthough I can't say I'm unsatisfied with anything that they do...

Setlist Idea sounds cool but I'm thinking if they didn't make one they might not try out as many new songs? Maybe if they had a basic setlist plan but then didn't follow it to the T, I could never complain thouigh
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder

#8111 3 years ago
a cat under the stars wrote:
Thats not weird... that was a sing along.

No one was singing along to What's become of the Baby. I guarantee it.
Time to create page: 5.15 seconds