Re: Jay LANE

#8046 3 years ago
It was Primus.
gratefulelectric
Junior Boarder
mama tried

#8053 3 years ago
jay has been with bobby since 95 you realy think it was all because primus. Primus doesn't tour that much
onthebusin03
Junior Boarder

#8057 3 years ago
"Well, well, well, you can’t never tell.
Yet again, the rumors and disinformation are flying thick and fast.
In clarification:
Over the past year, both Jill and I have come to know and love Jay for the great guy that he is.
At the end of our tour he rode back on Bob’s bus and informed Bob that he had an opportunity to play drums with Primus.
He and Bob discussed it, and they decided that the logical time to make the change would be after the birthday show. I only found out about this the day before the show; as their relationship goes back a long way, I told them both then that I support any decision they might make. I will miss Jay’s enthusiasm and ebullience; he’s a great guy to hang and play music with."
gratefulelectric
Junior Boarder
mama tried

#8062 3 years ago
i miss jay joe is doing awsome but i like the 2 kits
onthebusin03
Junior Boarder

#8064 3 years ago
It's funny, I'm going back and picking through some of the Winter 2010 shows with Jay and at the time I felt that they were both too timid and afraid of really getting loud from time to time in places where it was appropriate. But hearing some of those shows, while not exactly what I was wanting, I feel they didn't get some of the credit they deserved.

I'll always have a soft spot for a band with two drummers, or in this case, a drummer and a percussionist... but Joe really has used the extra room to stretch well, in my opinion.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#8690 3 years ago
two drummers is cool but one is why furthur has the cool early 70's feel to their music
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#8741 3 years ago
onthebusin03 wrote:
It's funny, I'm going back and picking through some of the Winter 2010 shows with Jay and at the time I felt that they were both too timid and afraid of really getting loud from time to time in places where it was appropriate. But hearing some of those shows, while not exactly what I was wanting, I feel they didn't get some of the credit they deserved.

I'll always have a soft spot for a band with two drummers, or in this case, a drummer and a percussionist... but Joe really has used the extra room to stretch well, in my opinion.

Agreed. I never saw the Jay Lane lineup in person but it looked pretty cool. Still love that early 70's feel with one drummer.
terrapin_blue
Junior Boarder

#8759 3 years ago
No disrespect towards Jay Lane because he is an incredible musician, but I like the current line-up a lot more. Russo can really get into his drumming, which gets ridiculously good. I have seen him do more work on his own than I have seen him and Lane do together.

It really seemed in a few shows that I had seen like Lane wasn't too into it. Bummer it didn't work out, but he got to go back to Primus and make more music.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#8760 3 years ago
terrapin_blue wrote:
No disrespect towards Jay Lane because he is an incredible musician, but I like the current line-up a lot more. Russo can really get into his drumming, which gets ridiculously good. I have seen him do more work on his own than I have seen him and Lane do together.

It really seemed in a few shows that I had seen like Lane wasn't too into it. Bummer it didn't work out, but he got to go back to Primus and make more music.

Me to. I feel they got the lineup worked out solid now and things are really cooking. Furthur went through about 3 phases. The Orig. Lineup with Jay Lane no backup singers. Then adding Sunshine and another singer, then Sunshine and Jeff currently. IMO this is the best lineup too. 2011 has been a amazing year. Can not wait for the summer tour y'all.
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds