• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

missing your exit sucks! (show review)

#79493 2 years, 5 months ago
yea I missed my exit, hit a toll and had to drive over 10 miles to the next one, turn around then come all the way back and do it over again
brickwall2.gif

anyway I thought it was a great show tonight - the scene outside I couldn't say the same about. I settled for $15 parking right across the street from the venue in this beat down alleyway - I would of found the free parking but I figured they were charging something everywhere - of course the bitch that took my parking money told me there is no free parking around to get buissness or whatever but I heard from several people there was free parking. There was a small shakedown outside that was in the process of being shut down when we walked up to it. ---- holy shit I wanted to get online so bad I forgot about this mcdonalds I got here to eat.

we went in nice and early, first time I had floor seats at any concert - I always avoided them thinking you can't see the stage to good but I like them, it actually wasn't that bad. We were on Phil's---- oh no I mean JK's new side --- the second section back (section 6) 3rd row. it was row cc so I was actually thinking we would be way back in the section so it was a nice suprise that we wern't. I took like 3 grams of mush and holy shit they were pretty damn good - ill probably only do like 2 tomorow. No bad experience or nothing tonight I'm just finding I concentrate on the music a lot better the less I take, but it is nice with a little, just enough for a nice body high - the only thing that would of made tonight better would be if I had some ganja! .... I felt kind of sketched out looking for it in the area, I'd rather go without it then end up getting in trouble and missing the show --- it really didn't ruin anything without it but I would of took a few pokes if I had some....... right now is when I really wish I had some sitting here at the hotel....

But anyway..... I don't know if it was just the venue or my seating location but I thought the sound was much fuller and more balanced tonight with JK's guitar being turned up more then usual (thats a good thing BTW, maybe they listened to fans asking for it cause I know a lot of people were). When I sat down I knew something looked different, like there wasn't as much stuff on stage but that was cause Phil's stuff was on the other side of the stage! --- which I didn't even figure out until I heard someone mention it. It seemed like Phil was enjoying the new side, maybe in better range with Bob - and now John is right next to Jeff for when they go back n forth. Bob sounded great tonight - for anybody saying "theres something wrong" like last west coast tour, don't believe it!! he looks great, voice sounds great, looks like he is enjoying himself very much and I don't even remember 1 lyric flub from him tonight. The first set was sweet (well the whole show was), in my area the energy seemed more intense during set 1 for a chance but it was a great vibe all night.

I'm digging the way they do Lazy River Road, switching vocals between all 3 of them and Catfish john was a nice one I was hoping for this tour - I disagree with anyone saying Bob shouldn't sing it - same thing with Black Peter, great version tonight - Bob pours his heart out for it. Jeff (I almost said Brent) wailing on the organ during Gimme Some Lovin' - good stuff! I'm not going to go through every song but every worry I had of people talking about the last tour in a negative way is gone after tonight's show, the band is sounding great. another Supplication tease after the wheel tonight, thought they might just do the Lazy Lightning>Supplication but I guess there still saving it.... There always seems to be drunk people who are way to wasted to enjoy anything EVERYWHERE I go but the music was loud tonight where I was so there talking back and forth didn't make a damn to me (I couldn't hear it, that's why). I thought they were gunna open with Cold Rain and Snow but I wasn't to far off - definitley was fitting to play that one.... I'm probably forgetting some stuff that I wanted to mention but this typing is starting to get way to long right now --- overall it was a very good time. Shakedown>Jack Straw was very nice.

so what was suposed to be a 5 mile/7 minute drive to the hotel ended up being a over 30 mile/over 45 minute ordeal but hey, at least we got a story to tell, right?
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: missing your exit sucks! (show review)

#79494 2 years, 5 months ago
damn my brother passed the fuck out real quick, I'm wide awake here and didn't even take any nodoz tonight
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

#79495 2 years, 5 months ago
I just got home, listening to the live recording right now, reliving a wonderful night. I was floor 3, great seats, killer vibe all around us, young and old. No hassles, smoking freely the entire time. Killer setlist, lots of stuff Ive wanted to see. Phil was impressed and happy, Bob making little circle motions with his hands during wheel was fun to see. Im a happy, happy "Furthur face" tonight indeed.
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

#79496 2 years, 5 months ago
Jack straw was intense.
Chester
More or less in line

#79497 2 years, 5 months ago
Nice review. Thanks.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#79560 2 years, 5 months ago
mushroom man thanks for the review, sucks to hear about what happened, but it could have been worse. glad you enjoyed the show

>>Bob sounded great tonight - for anybody saying "theres something wrong" like last west coast tour, don't believe it!! he looks great, voice sounds great, looks like he is enjoying himself very much and I don't even remember 1 lyric flub from him tonight.<<<

not trying to start an argument or anything but bob sounds great every first night of tour...my only concern (and i see it happen every tour) is he can run the 40 yard dash really well but he can't run the mile. i truly hope he stays fresh and has figured out how to keep himself in good space throughout these furthur tours. no lyric flubs? now i've gotta listen!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#79574 2 years, 5 months ago
Be safe mushy!!! Thanks so much for the awesome review!!

Laid down last night but I could not take my rest....How could you after a tour opener like that!! Have tons of fun!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#80314 2 years, 5 months ago
wlewis wrote:
mushroom man thanks for the review, sucks to hear about what happened, but it could have been worse. glad you enjoyed the show

>>Bob sounded great tonight - for anybody saying "theres something wrong" like last west coast tour, don't believe it!! he looks great, voice sounds great, looks like he is enjoying himself very much and I don't even remember 1 lyric flub from him tonight.<<<

not trying to start an argument or anything but bob sounds great every first night of tour...my only concern (and i see it happen every tour) is he can run the 40 yard dash really well but he can't run the mile. i truly hope he stays fresh and has figured out how to keep himself in good space throughout these furthur tours. no lyric flubs? now i've gotta listen!

I was just poking fun at whoever thinks there might be "something wrong with him" - he looks healthy as can be. if he starts to flub lyrics or whatever as the tour goes on I think that just shows he might not be getting enough rest on the heavy touring schedule, if something really was wrong with him I don't think he could be that on any night --- I just remember some people commenting thinking theres a problem or health issue with him or something, which I can't see any sign of.

I'm not trying to argue either, just trying to clarify exacly what I meant a little
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#80315 2 years, 5 months ago
I decided I'm gunna keep bumping this thread with my reviews for each show - mainly because I just started my binder documentation of all the Dead (related) shows I've been to with setlists and reviews so when I go about making the ones for this tour it will be much easier for me to have all my reviews in this 1 thread which I saved on my favorites so sorry to anyone who wants all the show reviews in the right forum/thread

I got to the Portland real early since I had to check out of the hotel by 11 and I must have just been in the wrong area cause Island Head said shakedown was alive and well but I didn't see any sign of it from the lot I was in near the venue and the ones close by. I know the sounds usually better near the soundboard but I decided to get as close as possible tonight since I rarely have the chance to be able to see them play that close and intimate - I was on the floor pretty darn close to the rail all night just slightly to Johns new side. The energy tonight was definitly greater then last night, smoking first set, they come out rocking hard and didn't let up. the Deal was intense, Phil was on fire all night and Bobby still looking/sounding great. 2nd set had some psychedelic exploration for sure, it was so packed up front by the start of the 2nd set but space opened up a little better throughout it. I'm so wired right now still from the 3 nodoz I took at like 11:30 - them things don't wear off to quick, maybe ill add to this later but i should really lay down now, after a few puffs that will hopefully mellow me out a little. This is looking like its going to be a hell of a good tour for me - theres nothing better then leaving a show knowing you got like 7 more shows left to go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#80329 2 years, 5 months ago
glad you enjoyed the show i listened in a little on a stream sounded good. friend up at the show said it was pretty good.

it is a nice feeling knowing you've got many more, but i'll tell ya, it comes quick. in 10 minutes you're going to look at your watch and say "shit, tonights the last one!"
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
Time to create page: 4.18 seconds