• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Gonna be a party tonight! Venue info

#79097 2 years, 5 months ago
Verizon Wireless Arena Facts

The ground breaking for the Verizon Wireless Arena took place in April 2000, and took nearly one and a half years to complete the facility. On November 15, 2001, we celebrated the grand opening of the Verizon Wireless Arena. The Manchester Monarchs, of the American Hockey League, played their first home game on November 16, and Aerosmith performed the following night.
Seating capacity for the Verizon Wireless Arena varies, depending upon each individual event. For example, hockey games seat approximately 10,019, basketball seats 11,140 people, end stage concerts hold about 10,050, while center stage concerts seat about 11,770.

Fun Facts

The Verizon Wireless Arena site is on 8.03 acres with 2,650 tons of asphalt.

The arena has 18 soda dispensers, 38 beer towers, 38 cash registers, and six ticket windows.

The arena has 34 suites, 5 party suites, and

38 BEER TOWERS WOULD MAKE WITS A HAPPY MAN
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Gonna be a party tonight! Venue info

#79099 2 years, 5 months ago
And I will be very happy if Verizon has put lots and lots of cell towers in the vicinity for the many tapers that are sure to be there just dying to stream to us!!
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#79101 2 years, 5 months ago
TOUCHE!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#79380 2 years, 5 months ago
i was at the show last year. i actually liked the arena. it appeared to be very modern, i thought the sound was pretty good, my seats were in the back. crazy shakedown scene across the street, i forgot where we stayed but i remember enjoying the breakfast, and i hadn't slept a wink.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#79503 2 years, 5 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i was at the show last year. i actually liked the arena. it appeared to be very modern, i thought the sound was pretty good, my seats were in the back. crazy shakedown scene across the street, i forgot where we stayed but i remember enjoying the breakfast, and i hadn't slept a wink.

maybe that explains why they were sutting down Shakedown across the street before 5pm this time around..... someone said to a cop "these people spend all day setting up and now just like that they gotta go" the cop said "well they could of applied for a permit and did it the right way"
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#79562 2 years, 5 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
wlewis wrote:

maybe that explains why they were sutting down Shakedown across the street before 5pm this time around..... someone said to a cop "these people spend all day setting up and now just like that they gotta go" the cop said "well they could of applied for a permit and did it the right way"

shame on the vendors for not getting legitimate permits
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds