• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
BigBabyViper
Junior Boarder

Re: WTF DH420 Where are you? U Okay?

#81442 2 years, 10 months ago
wlewis wrote:
yeah constantly lying to someone, no big deal guys

i feel like i am the only one who can see georges side of this. the kid lies, takes takes takes, and never acknowledges any of it..i am all for hooking up the next friend in line when i can. call me crazy, but i expect a thank you.

george posted it himself...he was more rocked by the false sense of community he encountered in the situation. something phil lesh and the rest of us pride ourselves on. i mean fuck, this is the furthur COMMUNITY forum

nobody knew he was coming on tour with zero dollars. he even made some great merchandise he barely tried vending.

i still think he should be reaching out to george to at least apologize or something along those lines

i agree with you its def bs to go into tour like that knowing you wont be able to support your tour and i also agree he should at least try and make it right, apologize, etc...but i think what people are saying is that for the actual amount of money this is about isnt really a huge deal, its still fucked up but i am a firm believer of just moving on from a situation that is causing you grief the universe throws situations like this at us to teach us lessons in life and to dwell on it and let it grow into a bigger grudge is counter productive no offense to george wlewis or anyone else but be happy and spend your time with other heads that treat people right feeding this dh420 fire isnt helping move forward.
It never got weird enough for me -Hunter S.
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#81458 2 years, 10 months ago
wlewis wrote:

i feel like i am the only one who can see georges side of this. the kid lies, takes takes takes, and never acknowledges any of it..i am all for hooking up the next friend in line when i can. call me crazy, but i expect a thank you.

george posted it himself...he was more rocked by the false sense of community he encountered in the situation. something phil lesh and the rest of us pride ourselves on. i mean fuck, this is the furthur COMMUNITY forum

nobody knew he was coming on tour with zero dollars. he even made some great merchandise he barely tried vending.

i still think he should be reaching out to george to at least apologize or something along those lines

i'm gonna have to agree on this one it sounds like you guys helped him out and hooked him up but he didn't reciprocate and also sounds like he didn't seem to thankful either, i hate being lied to more than anything and especially having my good nature taken advantage of so no matter the amount of money i think its really fucked up especially in a "community" that prides itself on kindness and helping a fellow brother
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#81492 2 years, 10 months ago
DH420, if you are lurking, if you feel badly for what went down, why not try to contact George (if you have not already) and let him know what you are thinking? If you made a mistake --- we all have --- I'm sure even an "I'm sorry" would be appreciated by George.

We all mess up at one point or another. That is ez. Much tougher to stand up and take responsibility. Even if you cannot make George whole, you can at least be a stand up person and answer his attempts to contact you. You cannot undo what has been done, but you can take responsibility.

I suspect some of this may have been caused by altered states. This happens. Deep down I do not think you went out with these guys with the intention of upsetting your hosts while on tour. IMO -- and I'm not judging rather sharing my take from what I am reading, the real wrong is the disrespect shown to George by your not replying to him when he reached out to you. George has already said it is not all about the $.

Still plenty of people here pulling for you to do the right thing DH. But it has to come from you ... inside. It is NEVER too late to make amends, or at least try.

~Well I ain't often right but I never been wrong. Seldom comes out like it does in the song. Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right....look at it right....look at it right........
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terrapin Sedation, Irrenarzt, Strider1
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

#81529 2 years, 10 months ago
wlewis wrote:

you are right, of course. I think what I was trying to say is that the money itself is not the real issue here. If your going to be a mooch you had better at least be grateful to those who are willing to help you out. Whether its $160 or just a grilled cheese sandwich I would expect a heartfelt thanks, and if he failed to acknowledge my generosity then I would not have offered him another cent.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#81609 2 years, 10 months ago
it sounds like he was being helped constantly throughout the tour and the $160 just toped it all off. I bet all the little things you guys helped him with through out the tour added up to well over 160 - traveling along mooching constantly and not thankful 1 bit? and then having no shame in what he's doing either? ...... what a great mascot everyone made him out to be

personally I thought he was sketchy ever since the first time he was on the board, when he had his whole "you guys suck" ordeal and left the board making fun of everyone on here saying "theres real, kind Deadheads out there, unlike you people on here" ....... anybody remember all that?

I would of never trusted him myself but I don't think its about the $160 ...... I think for George and everyone its about the fact that he has no shame in what he did and just adds to the negative image people like him give to the scene ....... I doubt how much he actually even cared about the music - all of his reviews were about being fucked up and stuff, I don't remember reading him post anything about the actual music.

if it was me and I had a lot of money, I'd sue the kid for the $160, even if it cost me much more just knowing it would hurt him more then me and show him that what he did isn't right, because it definitley isn't and like everyone else is saying, George deserves an apology at the very least.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#81762 2 years, 10 months ago
Theres only one way to settle this. Im calling Judge Judy. She's going to want to see that video as evidence.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#81767 2 years, 10 months ago
I think his silence is indicative of some sense of shame. If not, he would have mustered up another name and been playing again...and perhaps he is, but I don't get that feeling.

So until I know otherwise, I'm gonna keep the faith in DH420 and hope he does as ScarletFire1 suggests, to make it right with George and anyone else he might owe a debt to.

It is the best thing for his young heart, and I think he understands that, so I'm confident he eventually will.

I think he found friends here that aren't so easy to find anywhere else, and probably misses us. I don't believe he played anyone in an elaborate game to screw them, although our trusting nature makes us vulnerable, and obviously people have been hurt.

So to sum up, it all begins with accepting responsibility and an apology to those you took advantage of. Then blow your nose and figure out how you're not gonna f'up like that again, because your long term is much more important than a chatroom.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#81769 2 years, 10 months ago
the kid was broke living in the street bumming change i think ya got toexpect certain thingswith a person in that situation sstill totally sucksbut cant say i didnt see it coming,the platyi suit was worth it tho sure wish i got my patch but hey yaspin the wheel ya takes ya chances
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#81774 2 years, 10 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
Theres only one way to settle this. Im calling Judge Judy. She's going to want to see that video as evidence.

I think Judge Judy is naked underneath that robe. Only her baliff knows for sure and he sure ain't saying much. Might be a big chia pet for all I know.
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#81796 2 years, 10 months ago
captaintony wrote:
neverstop66 wrote:
Theres only one way to settle this. Im calling Judge

Judy. She's going to want to see that video as evidence.

I think Judge Judy is naked underneath that robe. Only her baliff knows for sure and he sure ain't saying much. Might be a big chia pet for all I know.

Hee heeeeee...

Ch-Ch-Ch-CHIA!!!
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds