• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

Re: WTF DH420 Where are you? U Okay?

#80965 2 years, 11 months ago
Shakeit wrote:
Jeez, why the hell is everyone so obsessed with DH420?

i don't know, I thought the same thing. I think I liked him the most because I could insult the hell out of him and he would just go right along with it, which of course, frustrated me to no end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shakeit
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#80966 2 years, 11 months ago
I liked him because he said he would wear a stupid ass looking platypus costume to red rocks and then did it
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony, SunshineSue
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#80978 2 years, 11 months ago
Not sure, but losers takin advantage have gotten there asses beat in the lot for less. I say fuck him and move on. It looks like that bully neverstop will need to find a new victim.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#81009 2 years, 11 months ago
splatter_face wrote:
I sure did like seeing his pictures with the platyi suit on. Did he keep the suit WLewis?

as far as i know, yes. he logs on here semi-regularly he just doesn't post

his mommy said he was working. sounds to me like retribution from platypus to george will solve everything. at the very least, a sincere apology, wait, maybe even an insincere apology.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#81011 2 years, 11 months ago
Bakes wrote:
Not sure, but losers takin advantage have gotten there asses beat in the lot for less. I say fuck him and move on. It looks like that bully neverstop will need to find a new victim.

Neverstop is far from a bully. He just likes to delve deep in the same gutter level of humor I do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66, scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue
MWoods
Junior Boarder

#81018 2 years, 11 months ago
I obviously don't know the kid as well as those of you who traveled with him and all, but what little I do know from his time spent posting here I gather that he and his family did have money issues. Like most of us I've been there plenty in the past and while $160 or whatever it was doesn't sound like much to many of us now, to a kid who from a "poorer" (I don't like that term but it was the best I could come up with on short notice) family who is going through a difficult time money-wise it can seem an insurmountable amount of money to gather together and "give" away. Now I know some may say it is not not "giving" as he owes that money to George and may have even said/promised he would pay it back. But..........

In the interest of seeing both sides, you guys knew his financial situation before you went touring with him. What did you expect? That he would come well funded and completely self-sufficient? Now, when I go to shows I often buy extra tickets bc some of my brothers, sisters, friends, and cousins don't have checking accounts. Why don't they? Well that's another story. Probably for the same reason I often drive to and from the show, pay for the majority of gas and parking fees, buy people beers, and occasionally pay for other issues that arise. The people I choose to go to shows with rarely have money. But they are my friends and family so I help by using my card to buy tix et al for those who may not be able to do so on their own. Much of the time I get my money back, sometimes I don't, but it's part of the gamble I take to ensure that I get to hang with my closest friends and family at shows and, more importantly, no one feels left out.

Judging (yes I'm making a judgement here) by what little I know of DH420 from his posts here if I decided to be his ride to and from a show(s) I wouldn't expect much financial compensation, nor would I be surprised if he needed a little "help" here or there.

Now if i'm totally off-base and all sorts of whet went down that I don't understand then I apologize. But in my reading of this post I saw the image of a young kid who was trying out this whole dead-touring-thing and was treated very well by older. more experienced "heads". Is it really about the $160 bucks? Like someone else said earlier, I've been taken for a lot more (and by a lot worse).
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by MWoods.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#81058 2 years, 11 months ago
You better, but I know him.
captaintony wrote:
Bakes wrote:

Neverstop is far from a bully. He just likes to delve deep in the same gutter level of humor I do.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#81274 2 years, 11 months ago
Bakes wrote:

As you all can see, my brother is a major league ass wipe and a troll. He's just looking to start another fight. But karma is a bitch and it will catch up to him in life. This I am sure of. Why is he so obsessed with me? Judging by his quotes above, it looks like he's had to many Budweisers again. And for the record, dh420 and i are friendly. We like to joke around. Peace and love? Once again you show your true colors. Its really sad that we have to keep going through this on this board every few months. Why don't you go get the therapy you so obviously need? What do you call someone who tries to bully someone by calling someone else a bully? Hypocrite lol. Peace and love brother, peace and love.
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

#81344 2 years, 11 months ago
o shit this thread is better than court tv!

To whoever was asking why deadhead420 became such so popular here, personally I always thought his internet persona was annoying, until he became our mascot. I can't hate on a guy who is willing to wear that ridiculous tailless platypus suit to a show. When there were still karma points he was campaigning for negative karma, and had way more than anyone else (in retrospect, maybe those ratings were more omnipotent than i thought) then he started posting in bright colors that hurt my brain, but that is all I know about the guy. It's unfortunate that George is out the money, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't seem like that big of a deal.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#81430 2 years, 11 months ago
yeah constantly lying to someone, no big deal guys

i feel like i am the only one who can see georges side of this. the kid lies, takes takes takes, and never acknowledges any of it..i am all for hooking up the next friend in line when i can. call me crazy, but i expect a thank you.

george posted it himself...he was more rocked by the false sense of community he encountered in the situation. something phil lesh and the rest of us pride ourselves on. i mean fuck, this is the furthur COMMUNITY forum

nobody knew he was coming on tour with zero dollars. he even made some great merchandise he barely tried vending.

i still think he should be reaching out to george to at least apologize or something along those lines
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: drpsilocybo, SunshineSue, doin_that_rag, St.Stephenhead
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds