fucking bummer.

my condolences
Union Pacific, out of Cheyenne, from sea to shining sea
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

Re: WTF DH420 Where are you? U Okay?

#79491 2 years, 9 months ago
So much for hero worship. At least you can trust the pervs, chomos and racists to not rip you off. And it's entice, not intice. It always boggles my mind when people misspell words when there's a built-in spell check.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by ShakedownSteve.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#79500 2 years, 9 months ago
guitargeorge wrote:
You know how someone's online persona is much different than they are in person?

Well i have been trying to contact him but he has not replied. He ripped me off for $165.00 and repeatedly lied to me (the whole tour). So much for kind deadheads. Heavy touring and the vulnerable altered states should be free of this bullshit.

Well that's the truth. Nothing like touring with someone to destroy your illusions about deadheads...that's a good thing...destroying illusions...and I am grateful.

I'm watching you Edward Stonerhands, Matt. I've contacted a lawyer...not because of the money but because of the principal. You just don't treat people that way, at least not in altered states of consciousness. You need to grow up and grow some balls. And unless someone deals with you, you will continue to lie and rip off deadheads who are only trying to help you.

Plenty of video which I'll be happy to use if called upon to testify.

Anyway, it is what it is. Karma is a bitch. No one gets away with anything.

I am an older head (next year 40th anniversary of first dead show at Berkeley Community Theater). I embraced the love and peace intentions of fellow psychonauts, only to realize that people are not there yet.

These are the facts and I'm sticking to it.

wow, that sucks man! sorry to hear about this and I hope you didn't let it ruin your time on tour to much

I hope he gets what he deserves (whatever that might be).....

I remember asking in a thread "I wonder how many shows DH420 will actually make?" and of course he replied "all of them" ...... guess not!
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#79512 2 years, 9 months ago
Rat in a drain ditch
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#79523 2 years, 9 months ago
please, say it isn't so. Any possibility of second side of the story?
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#79538 2 years, 9 months ago
Good to see you back GuitarGeorge, your absence had me wondering a bit. I figured you were on tour or enjoying youself on the mainland. Sorry to hear about your dealings with DH420. He seemed like a nice kid. I hope it was more about the kid had no bucks and was embarrassed about it. He did not seem evil but I hear you about how it's ez to hide the true you on the internet. Plus it sounds like there is more that you are not sharing. My hope is that the kid gets his shit together. And maybe kharma will pay you back somehow.

That being said, I am saddend to hear that he did bad by you. You've obviously been around and have seen a lot of things go down, so I trust your judgment.

Will you be catching any east coast shows this go around?
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: DancingBear
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#79541 2 years, 9 months ago
I don't know what went on, none of my business, he was like a son to me, a mildly retarded son, but son none the least. I'll miss the little bastard, he made me look at my life and realize, damn, I'm not so messed up after all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#79549 2 years, 9 months ago
George, I'm so, so sorry that you had to deal with that! There's clearly no excuse, ever, for either stealing or messing with someone who's at all altered. I hope you were able to enjoy tour despite that ugliness, and that you can move past it eventually. You're more than due for a quiet tour for a change!

As for the platypus suit, I have to say that I don't feel ripped off in any way by that adventure. To me, it was more of a group bonding experience, and it was lots of fun to talk and joke about before the tour. I honestly never thought it would actually get worn, so that was just icing on the cake that it did. And I didn't consider the patches as any kind of a quid pro quo, just a nice idea for a thank you that DH had, even if it didn't work out. Between discussions on the board and the romping around that was done in the suit out West, I more than got my money's worth in entertainment value! Again, not to justify in any way whatsoever the other things that went on, but as far as the suit goes, I still think that was a very fun escapade, and brought me lots of pleasure and I'm guessing did to some other folks around here and out on tour. And after all, isn't life just about having fun?

platypus_2011-11-04-2.jpg
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#79645 2 years, 9 months ago
George: wow, that's a major bummer. so sorry to hear that story. i'm sending good vibes your way and hope you get some sort of cosmic reimbursement for the loss.
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#79652 2 years, 9 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
George, I'm so, so sorry that you had to deal with that! There's clearly no excuse, ever, for either stealing or messing with someone who's at all altered. I hope you were able to enjoy tour despite that ugliness, and that you can move past it eventually. You're more than due for a quiet tour for a change!

As for the platypus suit, I have to say that I don't feel ripped off in any way by that adventure. To me, it was more of a group bonding experience, and it was lots of fun to talk and joke about before the tour. I honestly never thought it would actually get worn, so that was just icing on the cake that it did. And I didn't consider the patches as any kind of a quid pro quo, just a nice idea for a thank you that DH had, even if it didn't work out. Between discussions on the board and the romping around that was done in the suit out West, I more than got my money's worth in entertainment value! Again, not to justify in any way whatsoever the other things that went on, but as far as the suit goes, I still think that was a very fun escapade, and brought me lots of pleasure and I'm guessing did to some other folks around here and out on tour. And after all, isn't life just about having fun?

platypus_2011-11-04-2.jpg

Yes....Ward, don't be to hard on the Beaver.....errr Platypus. really enjoyed the shenanigans as well. not to patronize anyone but am willing to throw down the $165 to make it right, if indeed a right is to be made....seems like the thing to do, what say you? or at least buy a pint.....sf perhaps?
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds