• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

Re: WTF DH420 Where are you? U Okay?

#81797 2 years, 11 months ago
Damn... hate to bring it up an keep this fire flaming but I gotta get it off my chest here: I think I was the only Forum member to meet up with 420 at the Shoreline shows at 4:20 an since he didn't have any gonj i packed the bowl for us let him swig my water and use my phone to call home and call his cousin or someone to come meet him at the lot, he wasn't pushing out to many positive vibes and we parted ways soon after. Bout an hour later his cousin called me an wanted to speak to him I told her I wasn't near him an I'd let him know if I saw him an she was acted kinda stand offish by that for some reason. Saw him later at the Acid test an he was bummin real hard, couldn't find L or sumthin, anywho I was lit so walked away an came back later with some tabs but he walked away as I approached him so didn't pursue it. When I got home he sent me text telling me I was a scum fuck for treating his cousin rudely an then unfriended me, totally outta left field for me I was kind enough to lend him my phone, didn't realize that would come out of it. Decided to just let it be an figured he was having a bad time so didn't bring it into the light of the forum, but now i kinda feel bad for not throwing out the warning. Really wish I gotta see that Platy suit at Vegas, or La, or Monterey (I did pitch in on it)......
Tony you need to get a two person unicorn costume and be the front man of our new Mascot, I expect to see pics of you/it after Columbus;)
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#81804 2 years, 11 months ago
iamthedoor wrote:
Damn... hate to bring it up an keep this fire flaming but I gotta get it off my chest here: I think I was the only Forum member to meet up with 420 at the Shoreline shows at 4:20 an since he didn't have any gonj i packed the bowl for us let him swig my water and use my phone to call home and call his cousin or someone to come meet him at the lot, he wasn't pushing out to many positive vibes and we parted ways soon after. Bout an hour later his cousin called me an wanted to speak to him I told her I wasn't near him an I'd let him know if I saw him an she was acted kinda stand offish by that for some reason. Saw him later at the Acid test an he was bummin real hard, couldn't find L or sumthin, anywho I was lit so walked away an came back later with some tabs but he walked away as I approached him so didn't pursue it. When I got home he sent me text telling me I was a scum fuck for treating his cousin rudely an then unfriended me, totally outta left field for me I was kind enough to lend him my phone, didn't realize that would come out of it. Decided to just let it be an figured he was having a bad time so didn't bring it into the light of the forum, but now i kinda feel bad for not throwing out the warning. Really wish I gotta see that Platy suit at Vegas, or La, or Monterey (I did pitch in on it)......
Tony you need to get a two person unicorn costume and be the front man of our new Mascot, I expect to see pics of you/it after Columbus;)

While I am honored to be considered as a mascot, I don't think I would do it justice, not that I'm a bad guy or anything, it's that I don't think it would last one show before it got torn up. And what would happen if I seen another unicorn, am I supposed to mount it right then or do I walk around in circles and entice it with my unicorn aroma? See, these are questions I'm not sure I'm ready to be answered.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#81811 2 years, 11 months ago
iamthedoor wrote:

I was always nice to him on here but I really never got a good vibe from the kid. I actually remember him saying something on here after meeting you like "iamthedoor was the only one to show up by the bus at 4:20 but he was kind of dorkish" or something stupid like that. I'm thinking "wow, your talking shit about the only person who shows up to meet you" and he didn't give any reason for feeling that way but yea, your story really sums it all up....
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#81823 2 years, 11 months ago
tim, that's fucked up. i knew he had a strange experience down there at the shoreline shows, he briefly mentioned it. that sucks though, no one had any clue about that. explains a lot about his nature of going about things, talking to people, etc.

never bite the hand that bakes your bread
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#81835 2 years, 11 months ago
wow i cannot believe so many people sent in money for the suit or patches i am shocked! maybe i am a too snyical (sp?) but i didn't- i always want to believe the best in people - but young deadheads just dont really get the scene that i grew up in/and i dont mean everyone that is young! but i have seen many youngsters that are only out for the drug scene and not the community or music.
some of the things he said about his situation just led me to not trust him. (spanging for a living?) i lived in la and used to go to venice beach alot! there are so many panhandlers there- it is not the norm for anywhere else but def seams like the norm there.
i would have bought some of the stuff dh420 had made- but i wouldnt put $$$$ up beforehand.
i hope he learns from this experience- i know i did.
to you guys who traveled with him and were taken advantage of by him- i am sorry- but you helped in good faith a brother who was in need- your karma is in good standing and good will come back to you.
hate to say it but...maybe his karma is the reason all the bad stuff happens to him- live by the sword, die by the sword!!!!
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#81848 2 years, 11 months ago
Iamthedoor- Thanks for sharing that story. That is probably the same behavior George and Burt experienced on tour and is much worse than getting taken for $160. Good people don't act that way. But you will have to get your own unicorn because I'm not sharing mine.

Irishqueenie- How are you? Havent heard from you in awhile. I sent $40 in for the platypus suit but expected nothing in return. It was all in good fun and worth it. Made for some good comedy relief. I spend more than that on sushi takeout. I think the forum patch deal was unrelated to the suit. That was obviously a bunch of bullshit. It was a cool idea however. We should figure out a way to get that done.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#81850 2 years, 11 months ago
This is much worse than I first suspected. Its way over Judge Judy's head. I'm bringing Judge Wapner out of retirement and calling in Dr. Drew as a consultant. We need to bring 420 to justice but get to the bottom of this deviant anti-social behavior of his and get him some help.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#81862 2 years, 11 months ago
Welcome to the real world. What a let down.

And thank you George for sharing all of this. Good for us all to know and keep in the back of our minds.

I for one still believe that overall, deadheads are good people. And while I am now a bit uncertain if DH420 is a real deadhead, I still have trouble believing that any of his acts were malicious. I think he's just a bit immature and now he probably feels like there is a mob after him.

DH420, for what it's worth, I believe a lot of people here still like you and are pulling for you to do the right thing and redeem yourself. But its up to you.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#81965 2 years, 11 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:

And thank you George for sharing all of this. Good for us all to know and keep in the back of our minds.

I for one still believe that overall, deadheads are good people. And while I am now a bit uncertain if DH420 is a real deadhead, I still have trouble believing that any of his acts were malicious. I think he's just a bit immature and now he probably feels like there is a mob after him.

DH420, for what it's worth, I believe a lot of people here still like you and are pulling for you to do the right thing and redeem yourself. But its up to you.

Your glass is definitely half full. You are a true optimist. I don't think I'll be letting him tour in my RV or letting him use my cell phone anytime soon lol. I would like for him to come back to the board though.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#81971 2 years, 11 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
scar1et_f1re wrote:

Your glass is definitely half full. You are a true optimist. I don't think I'll be letting him tour in my RV or letting him use my cell phone anytime soon lol. I would like for him to come back to the board though.

I hear ya, my nature is give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Nothing to be lost at this point. But if the dude asked me to lend him $160 bucks, unless I was willing to donate the $ (I might I might not) he ain't getting it. And I agree, probably a good idea to not invite him to travel with you or use your cellphone.

My point is I think he f-ed up but I don't think he set out to get over. And now he's too scared to show his face. I don't think the kid has it in him to try to make amends with Guitar-George, so in that way I am not optimistic. But I also remember saying that OJ will definately be convicted of murder and I told some woman at Wilkes Barre that you only get one Beatles tune a night, only to have Furthur follow up Mr Mustard with Dear Prudence. So sometimes things go down we don't understand but I guess in time we will.

I agree, he was entertaining on the board.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds