• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
bow4bass
Junior Boarder

Re: how about John Paul Jones arena in charlottesville

#79586 2 years, 11 months ago
cool . . well we will roll into town around 3 pm or so . . we'll see . .

tony
Cub
Senior Boarder

Re: Advice for the various venues

#79608 2 years, 11 months ago
Scarlet_Fire: Thanks for this info. It is most helpful especially since I "pre-offered" to cover parking n tolls but....How about taking the NJ Transit train from Newark into the belly of the beast? I believe that was $16 round trip last year. You Rock
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Cub.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#79614 2 years, 11 months ago
Cub, NJTransit and LIRR both go directly into Penn Station which is connected to MSG. You just have to see how often they leave going home. But you cannot get easier and more convenient. Plus many trains allow you to Drink and ride, just use a brown paper bag.

Just FYI port authority is about 10 blocks north of MSG, also a fairly easy walk, but that area is still a bit seedy at night. Lots of busses come into Port Authority.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#79641 2 years, 11 months ago
IF you plan on going to MSG then to Syracuse the next night good fin luck if you're drivin. Gettin out of Manhatten is a bitch.... & Friday traffic is gonna suck immensly. Safe travels to all.

I would not worry about this too much. So many way's out of town. The city is used to so many cars at 11PM on a Thursday night it's not too bad. Yes, you will hit congestion near MSG but it shouldn't be bad. Getting out of the parking lot on the side of MSG can be a pain.

I was assuming they were leaving Friday morning... speaking for myself a night on the town post show doesn't get much better than Manhatten. I wouldn't be to worried about gettin to Syracuse..I'd chill & head to AC.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#79643 2 years, 11 months ago
i always feel more than safe smoking herb in nyc. t

Sorry bra but thats sheer stupidity. I have personally witnessed no less than ten people bustud for smoking weed in the streets of NYC... and most ended up gettin hauled to jail when they were searched and other things turn up. Use your heads folks...
The following user(s) said Thank You: bow4bass
MATTY
Junior Boarder

#79656 2 years, 11 months ago
Last year at Nokia the pigs were assholes. DEFINITELY no smokin herb in the open. NO shakedown, it was bannannas. blood and ketamine on the sidewalks, balloons littering the ground, cops arresting folks for sellin t shirts. I would not reccomend working MSG or smokin the ganj outside madison square fuckin garden. use yer hed. as far as getting there, i'd park someplace outside of the city and take a train to penn station. best bet in my book.
Had a steady job...haulin' items for the mob.
TheWuby
Junior Boarder
If you get confused just listen to the music play

#79685 2 years, 11 months ago
Anybody been to the Schottenstein center in Columbus, OH?
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#79770 2 years, 11 months ago
TheWuby wrote:
Anybody been to the Schottenstein center in Columbus, OH?
I've never been in the venue, but have spent a lot of time around Columbus, and the University. The venue is owned by Ohio State University, so it will probably be a mix of city and college cops hanging around. Don't treat the the university cops like mall police. They are real, and have their own jail. Last year Furthur Downtown was pretty chill until the city sent in their vending police in to shut down shakedown. I didn't see any real bust, just a lot of tickets written.

If you are going to the Fox show it should be a cool scene based on other downtown lots I've attended. STL is probably the most relaxed city, next to Vegas, and New Orleans when it comes to drinking in the street. Be careful smoking weed. I've never seen anybody get busted at a show, but Missouri does have some of the toughest marijuana laws in the country.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheWuby
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#79772 2 years, 11 months ago
^^^If there is vending in Columbus, how might we find you, Deadontherivet, if we'd like to check out your wares? I know I'd like to see your pins!
The following user(s) said Thank You: deadontherivet
Chester
More or less in line

#79777 2 years, 11 months ago
Syracuse should be fairly cool. It's an old hockey arena. One of the smaller venues on this tour. Small parking lot right across the
street. That's where shakedown will be. Like everywhere else, don't be foolish. Use discretion with partying and drinking. Don't
drink and drive. There will be roadblocks after. But in general, Syracuse is a college town and generaly tolerant of some discreet
partying. There will be a college football game that night too. It'll be a hopping night in central New York.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds