• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

Re: Advice for the various venues

#78960 2 years, 9 months ago
Undercovers inside the arena? In New York City. You've got to be kidding. Don't they have more productive things they could be doing?

This is why I prefer west coast venues and outdoor venues.

Even here in KC, the bible belt, there's no undercovers at the shows, and if security catches you they will just boot you, not arrest you.
Takin' it in stride!
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Strider1.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#78971 2 years, 9 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
IF you plan on going to MSG then to Syracuse the next night good fin luck if you're drivin. Gettin out of Manhatten is a bitch.... & Friday traffic is gonna suck immensly. Safe travels to all.

I would not worry about this too much. So many way's out of town. The city is used to so many cars at 11PM on a Thursday night it's not too bad. Yes, you will hit congestion near MSG but it shouldn't be bad. Getting out of the parking lot on the side of MSG can be a pain. I suggest you prepay when you enter if you are parking there, but again, I don't suggest paying them their ridiculous ransom.

Here are some parking coupons for MSG. Icon is everywhere. MSG is closest to Murry Hill. These 3 garages are fairly close, and probably worth walking the 10 minutes to save the $30 or $40. Plus you can get out qucker if you park here. The first two are really the closest. Follow link for coupon: www.iconparkingsystems.com/Coupons_Area.asp

MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS, LLC
200 East 32nd Street
Enter 200 E 32nd St
between 3rd & 2nd Aves Click below for Coupon

* $9 - Enter 6pm to Close

* $10 - Sat&Sun Special
Enter 7am to 6pm,Max to Close

* $16 - Mon - Fri
Any 6 Hours

EXCELLENT PARKING LLC
155 East 29th Street
Enter 155 E 29th St
between 3rd & Lexington Click below for Coupon

* $12 - 7 Days/Week, Enter 6pm to 7am, out by 7am

* $12 - Sat & Sun, Enter 7am to 6pm, Max to 12 Hours

WEST PLAZA GARAGE LLC-29
300 East 29th St
Enter 300 E 29th St
between 1st & 2nd Aves. Click below for Coupon

* $11 - Enter 4pm to 6am,Out by 6am

* $10 - Sat & Sun Enter 6am to 4pm, Max to 12 hours

* $12 - Mon-Fri, Enter 6am to 4pm, Any 6 Hours
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#78973 2 years, 9 months ago
Strider1 wrote:
Undercovers inside the arena? In New York City. You've got to be kidding. Don't they have more productive things they could be doing?

This is why I prefer west coast venues and outdoor venues.

Even here in KC, the bible belt, there's no undercovers at the shows, and if security catches you they will just boot you, not arrest you.

If they are there I don't THINK they would bust you for weed or anything relatively tame. Every time I am on the floor at MSG everyone is smoking and by definition it's in front of the guards. I would hope undercovers are there in case of major problems or to bust the scalping scum. But I may be wrong there.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#78975 2 years, 9 months ago
terrosit attacks is the concern,not that i think itll happen, after 9/11 NYC became a totally diffrent town
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#78983 2 years, 9 months ago
sweetwilliamisdead wrote:
yea msg was kinda slow getting in last year, but some other venues are just as bad, but I hear they changed it some during renovation so i dont know. but their are undercover police in MSG dressed as heads and stuff, they wont't mess with u if you are like 35+ or so, but if you are a young cat be careful they will get you. They came and watched me and my friends for half the show after seeing and smelling the smoke in are section. As always keep your head on a swivel.

10-4
bow4bass
Junior Boarder

how about John Paul Jones arena in charlottesville

#78987 2 years, 9 months ago
anybody ever been there? cool, not cool? shakedown or no ?

see ya there !

tony
unabelladonna
Fresh Boarder

Re: how about John Paul Jones arena in charlottesville

#79126 2 years, 9 months ago
Hey Tony, ya been to JPJ for The Dead show not too long ago. Lot was shaken for sure but I'm wondering what time they let us start rollin in....anyone know?
Ann Marie
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#79457 2 years, 9 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
TO start, at MSG:

Do not park illegally, your car WILL be towed. After ~ 6 PM or 7PM you can park on the street for free, if you can find a spot. If you are willing to walk a little, I can help you with a garage that will be about $10 as long as you enter after 5PM or so. (Noble parking on 310 East 40th Street between 1st and 2nd avenue is one place) - it is a 20 min walk to MSG or ~ $7 for a cab with a tip. The parking on the side of MSG will cost you ~ $50 for the night.

DO NOT SMOKE JOINTS on the street. Smoking in the venue is generally ok bu don't flaunt it. If you must smoke outside, at least walk to 9th avenue - quieter there. But even there you must be discrete. No smoking is safest - one hitters if you are very discrete or perhaps in a crowd.

Any other hints would be apprecaited

i always feel more than safe smoking herb in nyc. thats wierd
but thanks for the parking tip. 10 bucks plus 7 dollar cabride. thats about 10 bucks plus 10 bucks. vr. 50. then a 10 dollar cabride back...still 20 bucks cheaper. plus furthur away when leaving less traffic. thanks scarlet
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#79460 2 years, 9 months ago
when will furthur play msg?
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#79501 2 years, 9 months ago
iraqistatefair wrote:
when will furthur play msg?

I dunno man, hopefully they come sometime next year....
Time to create page: 4.99 seconds