• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Advice for the various venues

#78765 2 years, 12 months ago
TO start, at MSG:

Do not park illegally, your car WILL be towed. After ~ 6 PM or 7PM you can park on the street for free, if you can find a spot. If you are willing to walk a little, I can help you with a garage that will be about $10 as long as you enter after 5PM or so. (Noble parking on 310 East 40th Street between 1st and 2nd avenue is one place) - it is a 20 min walk to MSG or ~ $7 for a cab with a tip. The parking on the side of MSG will cost you ~ $50 for the night.

DO NOT SMOKE JOINTS on the street. Smoking in the venue is generally ok bu don't flaunt it. If you must smoke outside, at least walk to 9th avenue - quieter there. But even there you must be discrete. No smoking is safest - one hitters if you are very discrete or perhaps in a crowd.

Any other hints would be apprecaited
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

Re: Advice for the various venues

#78771 2 years, 12 months ago
before last year's holmdel show, i made friends with a guy named Perm from Greenpoint. he is the master of the one hit....has a cigarette going and surruptitiously brings the one hit, which looks like a half-smoked cigarette, up to his mouth and switches it deftly with the real thing. it is uncanny. if you are in greenpoint go to the pencil factory bar and look for a skinny guy with glasses, short hair, laughs a lot. he will give you lessons for free. he also plays guitar in a band called ancient sky...I think......great guy. have fun at the show!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#78773 2 years, 12 months ago
watch the open containers of alcohol theres a little deli on 33rd n 8th sells cold ones on ice you can sit upstairs and drink ,way cheaper than a bar .
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, Cub
paulr
Junior Boarder

#78776 2 years, 12 months ago
the police don't need you....
and man they expect the same
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#78777 2 years, 12 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
watch the open containers of alcohol .

Learned that lesson!
The voices tell me what to say
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#78792 2 years, 12 months ago
Great thread...

I expect St. Louis to be pretty chill. Last year they were cool with open alcohol in the lot. It's at a different venue but right down the road. And if you are gonna smoke outside be low key about it.

I expect Rosemont to be Chill as well. Seen dead 09 at that venue and they were letting us camp in the parking lot.

I've never been to Madison. Anyone got any advice?
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#78799 2 years, 12 months ago
Last year at MSG I saw a guy standing on the street holding a balloon. A cop pulled up, and balloon boy wasn't all too happy. This was after show #2. Didn't see the end result, as I was in my car leaving the aforementioned 50$ parking spot.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#78801 2 years, 12 months ago
IF you plan on going to MSG then to Syracuse the next night good fin luck if you're drivin. Gettin out of Manhatten is a bitch.... & Friday traffic is gonna suck immensly. Safe travels to all.
GENTLEJACKJONES
Junior Boarder
Hmmmmmmmmmm

#78803 2 years, 12 months ago
Have fun...use your heads...have some more fun...go in and listen to some grate music...have fun and dance...share something with someone else at set break...dance some more...follow the herd into the street...use your heads...don't drive if you can't see straight...make your way to your next stop safely.

Happy trails everybody!
The following user(s) said Thank You: paulr
gdedroze
Junior Boarder

#78807 2 years, 12 months ago
We use to do that in school~~~those were the days. Sure don't know what i'm going for, but i'm gonna go for it for sure`~~
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds