• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

NYPD at it again?!

#78717 2 years, 8 months ago
saw this article and was not at all surprised at what happened to this young woman, Make sure to read the last part.

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45135682/ns/us_news...en-she-cant-show-id/
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: NYPD at it again?!

#78721 2 years, 8 months ago
they never stopped...
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#78726 2 years, 8 months ago
she got the "welcome to NY treatment" totally sucks i find this very disturbing "News about the Police Department lately could run under the headline of the daily Dismal Development, starting with a judge declaring Tuesday that an officer was guilty of planting drugs on entirely innocent people and continuing back a few days to gun-smuggling, pepper-spraying and ticket-fixing"glad i left NYC
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#78738 2 years, 8 months ago
You get bad eggs everywhere, even on this site <I do not mean anybody in particular>. The fact that she can't get booked is disturbing, but that happens all the time.

Being in NYC almost every day, overall I think the police do a great job. But if you get involved with them, I've also seen them be aggressive and tough. I also see plenty of people taunting them all day, ripping up tickets in their face, so I can understand having a bad day. Not fair but shit happens. If you are polite to them in my experience they are generally respectful back.

They try to stop police themselves too, they are constantly bringing up charges against cops writing phony tickets and other officers who do bad things. The drug planting scandel is pretty recent but they are supposedly investigating.

I hope I never have to get involved with the NYPD but as I have stated before, I think they do a great job and I am glad they are here protecting us. Police commissioner Kelly said they have stopped ~ 13 terror plots in NYC recently. That alone makes them hero's in my book.

Anyway, I rather have them then not have them. If you've been in NYC for any length of time (I've worked in NYC ~ 30 years) you will see it's now cleaner and safer. It's good for tourists and good for the economy. And a lot of that is DEFINATELY an increased police presence.

And not to be unkind, but I don't want an investigation into this girls "suffering". It happens, the cop may be reprimanded but really, was it such a big deal? Any worse than the Jet blue plane on the tarmac for ~ 10 hours duiring the storm this weekend, with no heat, beverages or bathrooms. This girl probably got treated better than the jet blue tourists.

And I do feel sorry for the gal, but I doubt it was even 48 hours, and when you get arrested at 1AM this stuff can happen.

There are people here who were booked by NYPD in the spring for more serious offenses and they got out quicker, this was a quirky thing.

Oh, California gave Lindsy Lohan another 30 days in jail. Talk about a waste of taxpayer $.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
funky420
Platinum Boarder

#78749 2 years, 8 months ago
ya I was one of those that got arrested this March, the cops themselves were actually nice guys (as I was polite to them, don't rock the boat) and they promised my girlfriend that I would be out that night, and I was, the only shitty part was not being able to pay for the ticket(now I have a warrant) and of course missing the show. Man I really wish I could just pay for that ticket.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#78758 2 years, 8 months ago
funky420 wrote:
ya I was one of those that got arrested this March, the cops themselves were actually nice guys (as I was polite to them, don't rock the boat) and they promised my girlfriend that I would be out that night, and I was, the only shitty part was not being able to pay for the ticket(now I have a warrant) and of course missing the show. Man I really wish I could just pay for that ticket.

I think that is more the norm, booking and out in a few hours. I think what happened to the girl in your story was atypical. And I bet in some towns it's jail until you pay up. I believe your other cellmate from this site -- who probably had more serious charges also got out the same night.

And I somehow doubt the 21 year olds story. I would be surprised that the cop accused them of using foul language if they didn't. Not that it should mean anything, but if you are not kind to them they can be dicks right back at ya.

Sucks with ticket. With interest and fines I know parking tickets in NYC skyrocket if you dont pay in 30 days. I suspect the same with your ticket.

(And by the way, I am in no way in love with the police, but I feel much safer wth them around). I do smoke on the street, etc and they have never bothered me. But I am usually discrete and I know what (touristy) area to avoid.

skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#78760 2 years, 8 months ago
check out schoolcraftjustice.com/

adrian schoolcraft was an nypd cop who exposed corruption within the nypd, namely arrest and tickets quotas ("COMPSTAT") that lead to unconstitutional law enforcement
funky420
Platinum Boarder

#78766 2 years, 8 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
funky420 wrote:

I think that is more the norm, booking and out in a few hours. I think what happened to the girl in your story was atypical. And I bet in some towns it's jail until you pay up. I believe your other cellmate from this site -- who probably had more serious charges also got out the same night.

And I somehow doubt the 21 year olds story. I would be surprised that the cop accused them of using foul language if they didn't. Not that it should mean anything, but if you are not kind to them they can be dicks right back at ya.

Sucks with ticket. With interest and fines I know parking tickets in NYC skyrocket if you dont pay in 30 days. I suspect the same with your ticket.

(And by the way, I am in no way in love with the police, but I feel much safer wth them around). I do smoke on the street, etc and they have never bothered me. But I am usually discrete and I know what (touristy) area to avoid.

actually it was a desk appearance ticket so no price has been set (I think?) other wise I would have just payed it. Oh and I wasn't smoking on the street but I did have an open beer thats how they were anle to search me.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#78767 2 years, 8 months ago
i got one of those open container tickets waaaaaaaaaaay back in the early 90'swas over a 100 bucks then
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#78769 2 years, 8 months ago
funky420 wrote:
scar1et_f1re wrote:
funky420 wrote:

actually it was a desk appearance ticket so no price has been set (I think?) other wise I would have just payed it. Oh and I wasn't smoking on the street but I did have an open beer thats how they were anle to search me.

ouch, that is so messed up. I see everyone with them brown paper bags, if they stropped you for that it is nasty IMO.

Time to create page: 0.52 seconds