• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Bank of America sucks!

#78600 2 years, 12 months ago
I can't even call local branches to see if theres power cause the only # they give you is this 800 autimated # that wont let me talk to a representative. WTF is that, I gotta drive around and find one thats open --- def switching banks soon plus I get charged like 12 bucks a month for not having direct deposit, which keeps going up, it was 4 or 5 when I first signed up

that's all, sorry for the rant
i_be_sublime
Expert Boarder
R.I.P.JERRY

Re: Bank of America sucks!

#78608 2 years, 12 months ago
NO PROBLEM happens to the best of us.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#78613 2 years, 12 months ago
Banks suck!!!
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#78615 2 years, 12 months ago
you need a local community/credit union type bank, fuck the corporate banks, they're a disaster and only going to get worse
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, funky420, Xonk
volare
Senior Boarder

#78616 2 years, 12 months ago
Agreed! All banks do suck. There is still time to get in on this movement.

National Bank Transfer Day
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#78618 2 years, 12 months ago
is Webster one of the big corporate banks? ...... that's who I was thinking to switch to, it's close/my parents had them forever and they have an actual number you can call to! and if i use my debit card 10 times a month therers no service charges.... dosn't sound bad
GENTLEJACKJONES
Junior Boarder
Hmmmmmmmmmm

#78627 2 years, 12 months ago
Hello Mushroom Man,

This is Bill your Bank of America on line customer service representative. How can I help you today?
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#78630 2 years, 12 months ago
Since were on the topic of banks, I had a very pleasant experience at my bank today. I use Trustco Bank.

I entered in a drawing to win 10,000 dollars, and they told me the on Fridays you can come in and have PIE. NO JOKE. Thats the benefit of a smaller bank.

Edit: AND I get free checking.
Last Edit: 2 years, 12 months ago by Shakeit.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#78631 2 years, 12 months ago
wlewis wrote:
you need a local community/credit union type bank, fuck the corporate banks, they're a disaster and only going to get worse

Yes, banks are for profit and they are having lots of difficulty making money in this economy. Credit unions are not for profit so the fees are generally better.

Ever since Bank of America (BofA) took over US Trust company (a year or two ago) it has been a disaster. I work in an investment advisory firm and we are getting a lot of complaints from our clients about the decline in service with US Trust. We are slowly picking up some accounts due to the inept service at UST.

There is chatter that BofA will not survive too long. I tend to doubt that as they are the largest US bank, but they own Countrywide Mortgage Company which is also in extreme distress with so many properties in foreclosure. But I suppose BofA is "too big to fail" so if they properly write down their assets to properly reflect bad debts, the US taxpayers will come to the rescue when the world realizes they are insolvent. Unless of course somebody in politics wakes up, maybe occupy wall street will at least do that.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#78696 2 years, 12 months ago
whats nearby your home? you want somebody local but hopefully big enough that you can get cash all over,not always possible.i use ING and a local bank,ing has cash machine for free all over just log inand give em a zip code theyll tell ya where to find one.gat a local free checking account and transfer money from ing to the local bank as needed plus they pay intrest not as much as they used too but its till better than most or nothing at all
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds