Re: Whats proper etiquette for this?

#78706 2 years, 11 months ago
where did we meet?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#78708 2 years, 11 months ago
Well referring to the title of the thread I think proper etiquette would be to take this 2 pm's... just sayin
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#78709 2 years, 11 months ago
please WITS you and steve go back and forth endlessly,im done with nonsense anyway
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#78723 2 years, 11 months ago
NewYawker needs to do as he sees fit. There is no correct answer, it depends on the people, your relationships etc. If the people all have decent jobs it's probably just laziness and bad communication. Or maybe they are being dicks. I think gentlejackflash and some others had it correct, don't f up a friendship over this stuff IF you are really friends.

When I was younger, one of my very good friends always was better at saving money, and when I got broke he always helped me catch a buzz or get into seeing the Volunteers (the original DSO). He even sold me a car for next to nothing when I needed it. A piece of crap but a lifesaver at the time.

Now 30 years later I do better than him and I always but him a ticket to most tours. But it's in my heart that I want to do it. I ask him for the $ but I know times are tight and sometimes he pays me back a year later, sometimes he just can't. I am grateful that the $100 or so is relatively meaningless to me in the scheme of things.

I loosely believe in Kharma, and I certainly would try not to be a dick about the $ if you could afford to cover them. But if your buddies have jobs, they best pay you before they get their tickets. And if the money is significant, if they don't offer they better at least understand you need the $ when you ask them. If they get pissed at you for asking I would question the friendships.

This is my opinion. It may be wrong for others here, but it works for me. What comes around goes around. Believe it if you need it, if you don't just pass it on.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: i_be_sublime
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#78729 2 years, 11 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
NewYawker needs to do as he sees fit. There is no correct answer, it depends on the people, your relationships etc. If the people all have decent jobs it's probably just laziness and bad communication. Or maybe they are being dicks. I think gentlejackflash and some others had it correct, don't f up a friendship over this stuff IF you are really friends.

When I was younger, one of my very good friends always was better at saving money, and when I got broke he always helped me catch a buzz or get into seeing the Volunteers (the original DSO). He even sold me a car for next to nothing when I needed it. A piece of crap but a lifesaver at the time.

Now 30 years later I do better than him and I always but him a ticket to most tours. But it's in my heart that I want to do it. I ask him for the $ but I know times are tight and sometimes he pays me back a year later, sometimes he just can't. I am grateful that the $100 or so is relatively meaningless to me in the scheme of things.

I loosely believe in Kharma, and I certainly would try not to be a dick about the $ if you could afford to cover them. But if your buddies have jobs, they best pay you before they get their tickets. And if the money is significant, if they don't offer they better at least understand you need the $ when you ask them. If they get pissed at you for asking I would question the friendships.

This is my opinion. It may be wrong for others here, but it works for me. What comes around goes around. Believe it if you need it, if you don't just pass it on.

I have a similar story where my best friend used to be hsve quite a bit more $ than me I remember him paying for me on several occasions and never expecting a thing back (except friendship), nowadays I am the one taking him to CHI/Madtown and do not expect anything in return thats what friends do. I also bought his RCMH tickets this year and payed for hotel, he only needed to get his flight which was hard enough for him. On Newyakers situation I think there's alot we don't know about his friends and their situation I hope all works out and no friendships are lost.
The voices tell me what to say
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by funky420.
The following user(s) said Thank You: i_be_sublime
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#78731 2 years, 11 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
please WITS you and steve go back and forth endlessly,im done with nonsense anyway

LOL no offense intended. But ..but would you enter into PM's with Sahkedown Steve??? For what its worth, from the outside it appears reading through the lines that Stricken was takin uncalled for shots at you.. and brought some real in person beef with you to the forum. Rock on !
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#78732 2 years, 11 months ago
Maybe I missed this but did you even ask them yet to pay up? Or is this all you stressing out over just the thought of asking for the cash before the day of the show?

If its an issue for you, then best in the future to make this arrangement ahead of time as in "I'll buy the tickets for us all but can you give me the money for them by whatever date". Then everything is upfront and everyone knows about it.

I've done it all ways (collect on day of show, collect when tickets arrive, collect when tickets are ordered and all ways in between) but if someone else buys tickets, I always offer to pay them right away if I have the cash or let them know when I can pay otherwise.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#78734 2 years, 11 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:

LOL no offense intended. But ..but would you enter into PM's with Sahkedown Steve??? For what its worth, from the outside it appears reading through the lines that Stricken was takin uncalled for shots at you.. and brought some real in person beef with you to the forum. Rock on !
far as i know i never met the guy in person so i dont know what the hell hes talking about.
volare
Senior Boarder

#78743 2 years, 11 months ago
I wouldn't feel guilty about asking for the money at all. In all likelihood, they are not trying to avoid paying but just aren't thinking about it.

I think that a simple phone call telling them that you want to bring the tickets by the following day and collect their portion of the money when you drop them off is perfectly appropriate.....
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
stricken
Gold Boarder

#78759 2 years, 11 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:

far as i know i never met the guy in person so i dont know what the hell hes talking about.

Penns peak,Bears picnic, williams grove market
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds