• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Re: Whats proper etiquette for this?

#78675 2 years, 9 months ago
23atwell wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:
tell em thebillfrom the credit card came and you have to pay it otherwise you may have to sell the tickets

Ya I would say they you have to pay your cc bill and you need the money. My friend still owes me like 120 for further fest in angles camp. I just can't get balls to say anything. Some people forget and just think they can wait til the show. I wouldn't take it the wrong way

I would say thats no friend 23at.... you have 4 choices depending how long you've know this person & if you want to continue your friendship.
1. Do nothing (this is not gonna get your money back but at least you know not to "buy" any tickets for the "friend" anymore.
2. Call him and tell him I've waited long enough I want my MF money!!! ( and you would be 100% in the right but your friendship will be over if he refuses to pay..then you are only out the 120 and you know this guy is no friend and a loser.
3. Call him say hey man its been x amt of time I really need my cash back can you pay me now? If he says yes great problem solved all is good...if he says no tell em you'll take $20 bucks a week as a sign of good faith..and see what he says. If he says I can't game over/friendship over..
4. Go to his door knock wait for him to come to the door. Politely tell him you need your money...and if he doesn't fork it
over.. go Tony Montana on em ... well thats a lil harsh... how about a lil Cassius Clay on his ass!!!

Personally at different points in my life I woulda done em all. In retrospect, number 3 is the correct answer IMHO good luck
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
stricken
Gold Boarder

#78676 2 years, 9 months ago
newyawker wrote:
stricken wrote:
newyawker wrote:
What is the proper etiquette for buying a bunch of tickets for others with your cash and waiting for reimbursement? In my touring days in mid to late 80's we usually had the pitch in at time of sale unless we had to cover a friend. Now since I am 20 years older and tighter with my earned cash I am not as flexible. I bought 4 extra tickets for 4 people for 4 of the shows I am going to and havent seen a dime yet. Am I just getting grumpy in my old age or should i tell them to get the cash up!!!!

I guess the question to you is DO YOU TRUST THESE PEOPLE OR NOT? Even if they dont go you can trade sell them. If the money is a problem then it was at the start and you brought that on yourself. If they are trying to use you then you gotta cut them off cause they are not friends. Thats the only people i would consider buying a ticket in advance for.

All people are well employed friends. Not great friends but friends none the less. The question is not so much about trust but the time frame of paying for them. If someone bought tickets for me, I would pay them immediately.

I guess i dont have all the info to advise you like was there a timeline establised? If not you cant hang your expectations on someone else you will only be let down.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#78679 2 years, 9 months ago
Try this approach with your 'friends':

The place burned down? Fuck you pay me. Lightning struck? Fuck you, pay me. Slow business? Fuck you, pay me." -Ray Liotta, Goodfellas
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#78688 2 years, 9 months ago
stricken wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:
i_be_sublime wrote:
Personally in my humble opinion your grumpy get over it!If they are your friends and you agree to do it its over right there.No need to overthink anything.Having said that i am going to willkes,syracuse,and buffalo and my friend bought the tickets.I trust in my friends ability to know wether he can or cannot lay it out till i get it to him.Thought the whole point was to get ALL to the show?Or as many as possible.I personally lay it out when i have(which is rarely) i dont have a credit card either. but it s only for those that i can forget about home,stress,and lifes various troubles behind and enjoy the music ive lived damn near my whole life by.In my opinion ya do it out of kindness and to see ya crew gets there to do it with ya.If it s about the cash well need i say more?
i bet you show up to parties empty handed and drink all the good beer then go outside and do one hitters by yerself

Be carful 83 DONT MAKE ME CHASE YOU OFF AGAIN
did i miss something? when did you"chase me off?" ive been here since the begining and i aint going nowhere anytime soon
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
stricken
Gold Boarder

#78694 2 years, 9 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
stricken wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:
i_be_sublime wrote:
Personally in my humble opinion your grumpy get over it!If they are your friends and you agree to do it its over right there.No need to overthink anything.Having said that i am going to willkes,syracuse,and buffalo and my friend bought the tickets.I trust in my friends ability to know wether he can or cannot lay it out till i get it to him.Thought the whole point was to get ALL to the show?Or as many as possible.I personally lay it out when i have(which is rarely) i dont have a credit card either. but it s only for those that i can forget about home,stress,and lifes various troubles behind and enjoy the music ive lived damn near my whole life by.In my opinion ya do it out of kindness and to see ya crew gets there to do it with ya.If it s about the cash well need i say more?
i bet you show up to parties empty handed and drink all the good beer then go outside and do one hitters by yerself

Be carful 83 DONT MAKE ME CHASE YOU OFF AGAIN
did i miss something? when did you"chase me off?" ive been here since the begining and i aint going nowhere anytime soon

Maybe chase off is the wrong term for the moment. But think back to the occupy wall street thread. And here too you do the same thing by putting down a man without even knowing him. I be sublime He was offering advice to the current thread and you couldnt even do that. just want to pick on the people who are not as rich as you. Just hope you enjoy yours cause you cant take it with you.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#78698 2 years, 9 months ago
lighten up i aint picking on anybody,as for OWS what r u talking about i dont agree with them ,hows that picking on people? Im actual avery nice person and get along with almost everyone so why dont YOU STOP JUDGING ME without even knowing who i am,
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#78699 2 years, 9 months ago
and i did offer advice to the original poster so you dont even know what your talking about
stricken
Gold Boarder

#78701 2 years, 9 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
lighten up i aint picking on anybody,as for OWS what r u talking about i dont agree with them ,hows that picking on people? Im actual avery nice person and get along with almost everyone so why dont YOU STOP JUDGING ME without even knowing who i am,

I do already know you. And you are right you did offer advice to this thread for that im sorry but i stick by my comment.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#78702 2 years, 9 months ago
we have never met .you dont know me at all,you think you do but you dont. have a nice day
stricken
Gold Boarder

#78703 2 years, 9 months ago
We have met three times.
Time to create page: 1.00 seconds