• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Whats proper etiquette for this?

#78377 2 years, 10 months ago
What is the proper etiquette for buying a bunch of tickets for others with your cash and waiting for reimbursement? In my touring days in mid to late 80's we usually had the pitch in at time of sale unless we had to cover a friend. Now since I am 20 years older and tighter with my earned cash I am not as flexible. I bought 4 extra tickets for 4 people for 4 of the shows I am going to and havent seen a dime yet. Am I just getting grumpy in my old age or should i tell them to get the cash up!!!!
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by newyawker.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Whats proper etiquette for this?

#78384 2 years, 10 months ago
When are the people picking up their tickets. That's the time to get the cash.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#78386 2 years, 10 months ago
Been in this situation before. My GF ordered (and paid for) extra U2 tix for people who said they would like to go. As the show got closer, some people backed out. Luckily we were able to find other friends who took the tix (these were $250.00 seats, so eating them would have sucked).
Since I don't have a credit card, it's often others buying tix for me. I will pay for the ticket at the time of order, or as soon as I am physically able.
I am meeting a friend in Syracuse who is coming from somewhere else. You can be sure i will have the $$$ to pay for the tickets as soon as I see him. If we lived closer, or if I saw him more often, he would have been paid already.
If I am ordering tickets, I will only order for myself and those attending the show with me, but more often than not, it's others ordering, and me paying them.
Perhaps people will read this thread, and realize that their friends are not Ticketmaster, and as soon as those tix were ordered, someone paid for them.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#78392 2 years, 10 months ago
Equinox wrote:
When are the people picking up their tickets. That's the time to get the cash.

They live in my town. I just am not the same person I used to be to have a grand just sitting on my dresser in paper. I do not want to be a dick so I am being patient. But it is wearing thin
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by newyawker.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#78396 2 years, 10 months ago
Honesty is the best policy.
Tell your friends your situation, and tell them to step up to the plate. True friends will understand.
If they don't, don't invite them to the party anymore. Furthur concerts are an opportunity for enjoyment and bliss, and should not be a source of stress.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#78414 2 years, 10 months ago
tell em thebillfrom the credit card came and you have to pay it otherwise you may have to sell the tickets
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#78419 2 years, 10 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
tell em thebillfrom the credit card came and you have to pay it otherwise you may have to sell the tickets

Ya I would say they you have to pay your cc bill and you need the money. My friend still owes me like 120 for further fest in angles camp. I just can't get balls to say anything. Some people forget and just think they can wait til the show. I wouldn't take it the wrong way
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
GENTLEJACKJONES
Junior Boarder
Hmmmmmmmmmm

#78423 2 years, 10 months ago
I do this all of the time. Funny...as I get older I worry less about money and more about relationships. Anyways...I always say 1 thing...pay me the day of the show. I only buy tickets for people that I'm going to the show with. No cash day of show...NO FUCKING WAY I"M GONNA NOT GIVE THEM THE TICKET. They will pay me later, or they will have to buy their own tickets in the future and find some other SUCKER to buy them their tickets. Seriously though...money comes and goes. Good friends are a lot harder to find.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, scar1et_f1re
i_be_sublime
Expert Boarder
R.I.P.JERRY

#78425 2 years, 10 months ago
Personally in my humble opinion your grumpy get over it!If they are your friends and you agree to do it its over right there.No need to overthink anything.Having said that i am going to willkes,syracuse,and buffalo and my friend bought the tickets.I trust in my friends ability to know wether he can or cannot lay it out till i get it to him.Thought the whole point was to get ALL to the show?Or as many as possible.I personally lay it out when i have(which is rarely) i dont have a credit card either. but it s only for those that i can forget about home,stress,and lifes various troubles behind and enjoy the music ive lived damn near my whole life by.In my opinion ya do it out of kindness and to see ya crew gets there to do it with ya.If it s about the cash well need i say more?
i_be_sublime
Expert Boarder
R.I.P.JERRY

#78427 2 years, 10 months ago
As an afterthought a grand for me right now is a fortune alas i stand by my post lol
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds