• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Manchester Hotel Heads Up!

#78370 2 years, 10 months ago
I had to book a last minute hotel in Manchester because my friends house still has no power. Many hotels also still don't have power. I'm staying at the Best Western Plus on Willow Street and they just got power back 10 minutes ago. They didn't have my reservation from Hotels.com due to the power outage so I had reconfirm. All staying in a hotel should call and reconfirm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delilajones
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: Manchester Hotel Heads Up!

#78381 2 years, 10 months ago
Just found out that many hotels are full of emergency power line workers. I lost my reservation!
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#78394 2 years, 10 months ago
Wow, does the venue have power?
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#78408 2 years, 10 months ago
The power is back on at the Verizon. I was able to find room at the Fairfield Inn for Thursday night but tomorrow night all the hotels are booked in Manchester. Tomorrow night we will have to stay at my friends house who has no power, it's gonna be cold! Here is a picture from his back yard

snow.JPG
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#78409 2 years, 10 months ago
yes the venue has power, I called yesterday to make sure before booking a hotel.

I'll be staying at the "Super 8 Manchester Airport" ---- not sure if the airport thing is part of there name but that's what it said online. it was $85 plus tax...... there were cheaper ones in the area but the power was out at them when I called....... I left my number so hopefully they will notify me if my reservation gets cancled. It's a 7 minute drive from the venue, about 4.5 miles ---- 2301 Brown Ave. I don't think that's to bad of a price for 2 double beds, a lot of the ones in the area were over $100.

I did not check any other venue's power situation except for Manchester so hopefully they all have power. MA got hit pretty hard with the styorm so I should probably check Amherst, I was thinking if it didn't have power at any of the venues there would be a notice posted on the home page or something.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by MushroomMan.
Muddy Das
Junior Boarder

#78449 2 years, 10 months ago
hey i work at a hotel in nh luckily we weren't affected by the storm in fact all the snow melted around here.....but if you are going to book a hotel you are more likely to get a decent rate by calling the hotel and negotiating your rate...i see people come in here with reservations made online and pay alot more than some one who called us directly...and in case your wondering i work for choice hotels..
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#78472 2 years, 10 months ago
Sweet, just checked the weather, looking good for ManchVegas and Portland! 50's and sunny
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#78548 2 years, 10 months ago
Finally found a room for tonight at Econo Lodge then will switch to the Fairfield Inn tomorrow.
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds