• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

For Gearheads Only :)

#78339 2 years, 9 months ago
Noticed bobby was played his lighting bolt guitar at the last few gigs in Cali last tour. I also noticed that after philly on summer tour he switched to his smaller black vox speaker cabinet on the right side at PNC. Did he blow a speaker or looking for a Furthur sound? Seems like he back to the two big blonde vox's again for the last west coast run. Wonder if he making any changes to his rig besides the addition of the DigiDesign 11 processor.

For John I see that he has the latest Roland Guitar synth setup and has been playing the PRS for a few tours as his main guitar now. In Philly and I'm sure some other shows on the east coast and west coast runs he played for a song or 2 his new guitar I forgot the name of it tho and it wasn't the Carvin.

Phils setup looks pretty much the same only dif I noticed is that a few tours ago he put his rack in between his monster speaker cabinets. And the Obama speaker on top is a monitor, never seen him turn the knob on it tho. Still using the Digitech pedal too, must have a sound he digs. This goes to show you that you don't need expensive gear to get a decent sound, sometimes

Sunshine seems to have a fancy new mic or something around it that's tie dye and really cool.

Any other things anyone noticed please feel free to chime in. love to talk about the gear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: For Gearheads Only :)

#78351 2 years, 9 months ago
Ill have plenty to say after this november tour. didnt see them on the west coast last tour so i'm not up to date!!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#78352 2 years, 9 months ago
GreatestStoryEverTold wrote:
Noticed bobby was played his lighting bolt guitar at the last few gigs in Cali last tour. I also noticed that after philly on summer tour he switched to his smaller black vox speaker cabinet on the right side at PNC. Did he blow a speaker or looking for a Furthur sound? Seems like he back to the two big blonde vox's again for the last west coast run. Wonder if he making any changes to his rig besides the addition of the DigiDesign 11 processor.

For John I see that he has the latest Roland Guitar synth setup and has been playing the PRS for a few tours as his main guitar now. In Philly and I'm sure some other shows on the east coast and west coast runs he played for a song or 2 his new guitar I forgot the name of it tho and it wasn't the Carvin.

Phils setup looks pretty much the same only dif I noticed is that a few tours ago he put his rack in between his monster speaker cabinets. And the Obama speaker on top is a monitor, never seen him turn the knob on it tho. Still using the Digitech pedal too, must have a sound he digs. This goes to show you that you don't need expensive gear to get a decent sound, sometimes

Sunshine seems to have a fancy new mic or something around it that's tie dye and really cool.

Any other things anyone noticed please feel free to chime in. love to talk about the gear.

i'm really glad you freakin' mentioned it man because it slips my mind every single time i remember. bob WAS playing the blue modulus at the very end of the tour, i noticed it in monterey. this was literally the day after some dude was telling me it was broken forever in some sort of airport fiasco..

phil is actually using new equipment in his rack, not sure exactly what, but i noticed this when the "i miss jerry" sticker was missing

for john, are you talking about the wooden looking alembic?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#78358 2 years, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:

i'm really glad you freakin' mentioned it man because it slips my mind every single time i remember. bob WAS playing the blue modulus at the very end of the tour, i noticed it in monterey. this was literally the day after some dude was telling me it was broken forever in some sort of airport fiasco..

phil is actually using new equipment in his rack, not sure exactly what, but i noticed this when the "i miss jerry" sticker was missing

Glad to see its not broken! That guitar is sweet glad to see he broke it out!

I don't pay to much attention to phils rig but glad to see he tweaking his setup Furthur!

And yes the wooden looking guitar is what im referring to. Think he played slide on it also noticed on his FB page he has another guitar up his sleeve. Also I wanted to add that his speaker cabinet has some sort of makeshift back on it to make it a closed back.

Does anyone know what the other speaker cabinet he has? Looks like the took a speaker from the line array and put it behind him as a monitor, does anyone know? Looks like a Meyer or QSC?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#78517 2 years, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:

Glad to see its not broken! That guitar is sweet glad to see he broke it out!

I don't pay to much attention to phils rig but glad to see he tweaking his setup Furthur!

And yes the wooden looking guitar is what im referring to. Think he played slide on it also noticed on his FB page he has another guitar up his sleeve. Also I wanted to add that his speaker cabinet has some sort of makeshift back on it to make it a closed back.

Does anyone know what the other speaker cabinet he has? Looks like the took a speaker from the line array and put it behind him as a monitor, does anyone know? Looks like a Meyer or QSC?

i'm glad too, bob gets some interesting tones from that thing

phil is still getting the same sound i think he is just trying (or converting to) new equipment

yeah i saw that too, do you know how far along the guitar is? i saw pictures when it was in it's very early stages of being constructed.

that other cab i am almost positive is a meyer
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#78529 2 years, 9 months ago
Bobby has been getting some great tones latley for sure!

I think we might see John's guitar this tour, but I don't know for sure. the cool think about John is that he will talk to you on his fan page which I think is so cool! I think your right on that being a meyer behind john as well. i noticed too his setup is more caddy corner on the stage then what it used to be early on.

Will see whats new tomorrow night, cant wait!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#78612 2 years, 9 months ago

I think we might see John's guitar this tour, but I don't know for sure. the cool think about John is that he will talk to you on his fan page which I think is so cool! I think your right on that being a meyer behind john as well. i noticed too his setup is more caddy corner on the stage then what it used to be early on.

that would be cool. enjoy the first couple shows, let us know if he breaks it out! i won't be around til saturday in wilkes-barre..see ya'll there.. if you will be there feel free to PM me, trying to organize a meet up for some of us
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#78634 2 years, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:

that would be cool. enjoy the first couple shows, let us know if he breaks it out! i won't be around til saturday in wilkes-barre..see ya'll there.. if you will be there feel free to PM me, trying to organize a meet up for some of us

I won't make it to Willks Barre Unfort so my first show will be MSG, would def like to meet ya at a show, let me know if your hitting msg or AC
Time to create page: 0.75 seconds