• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MWoods
Junior Boarder

Re: What is the definition of a deadhead????

#78405 2 years, 9 months ago
doin_that_rag wrote:
i'd say a deadhead is anyone who genuinely loves the music, having seen jerry or not...i never got to see jerry (other than a show when my mom was 8 months pregnant with me), but i can say with full certainty that this music is a huge party of my life and...

As I'm sure you know, by that age you can hear very well sounds from outside your Mother's body.... especially loud sounds like a man playing guitar at a concert. That's why expecting mothers listen to classical music in the 3rd trimester (supposedly it increases math skills later in life.) Even though you don't remember it there's no doubt you heard Jerry play. You also probably picked up on how happy your Mother was at the time. It makes perfect sense that when you heard that music later in life it resonated with you in a good way.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#78413 2 years, 9 months ago
bitzer87 wrote:
ScarletFire wrote:
I think a deadhead goes to a show for the music and the energy. All the other stuff is secondary.

I agree

I like this one too.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: iraqistatefair
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#78416 2 years, 9 months ago
a fan of the band Grateful Dead , simple
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: iraqistatefair
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#78448 2 years, 9 months ago
in political science, Catherine Enslow (I think that was her name) addresses the issue of ethnicity and how people choose their identities. She concluded, and political scientists seem to have adopted her stance, that whatever group the person identifies with is their ethnicity. Same here: if you are one, then you are one. I am.
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#78460 2 years, 9 months ago
I can't feel my face. Whats the definition of an American?
many deadheads dont refer to themselves as such, but by others.
What is the definition of a parrot head. ....one who likes jimmy buffet and feres to themselves as a parrot head, and full of salt shakers ?!
yeah cool. take the highway to the exit shakedown and come see for yourself. HA . LOL
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#78485 2 years, 9 months ago
Too quote the great Louis Armstrong when asked "What is Jazz?"

"If you gotta ask, you'll never know."
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, iraqistatefair
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#78526 2 years, 9 months ago
Everyone get it? Where is the love in 2011?
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#78527 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh yeah! There it is, right here all of us. (even the custies, like me and Steve)
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder

#78528 2 years, 9 months ago
I cant stand when i see a kid who has the beard, the dreads, the sideways fitted ball cap....whatever...they look like a kid or wook and they look at me (clean cut, clean clothes with no holes, and not lookin totally "hippie" or whatever) and they refer to me as a custie. Just by my appearance. I can understand by the way someone acts maybe judging a little, but cmon by my threads and hair cut. I used to have a beard, wear patch work hemp...still would, and grow a beard now and then. But sometimes i actually look in the mirror and im like damn, cause i do look like a cop a little, ok more than a little. But i was at the mann this summer handing out free water and bowls for dogs. If theres kids who need food, i'll buy em a meal or even a beer, phuck it, thier not alcoholics, but i might buy a burrito and a taddymeister for the young lads. A deadhead is definately someone who doesnt judge others. thats for damn sure. Come as you are. You know how many Wall street executives go to dead shows, especially when jerr was in town. Custie, ha, dont make me laugh.

but if the word is phrased as simply a customer that which a small profit can be made, with no strings attached to thinking they arent heads or less than you(cause you have ur wings...dont make me laugh harder)...then thats cool....i'll be a custie to some kids trying to flip a buck and make it...but dont try and think cause im a custie, and i work hard and can afford to pay that tax for your profit, that im some sucker and im not a head.

Now yes, there are custies who arent heads at all. some cool, some not . some just waiting to get on the bus, and some , many , who are there to just try everything they can to not Simply surrender to the flow -

Boomers, grilled cheese, headies, mollie, veggie tofu rolls, glow sticks, phil lesh portraits, hand made hoodies......gems, dog collars, t shirts, Kentucky outdoor
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder

#78530 2 years, 9 months ago
splatter_face wrote:
Is it simply....

A person who likes the music of the Grateful Dead and wishes to refer to themself as a Deadhead AND is dead in the head

Or is it something more?

Opinions only, no facts please

i love the AND is Dead in the head ?! huh? its actually right though - spot on......steal ur face right off ya head!!*
Time to create page: 1.02 seconds