• Topics not covered in other forums.
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

Are all Deadheads "good people?"

#78245 2 years, 9 months ago
I just read 23atwell's 7 Walkers review and something he wrote got me thinking:

23atwell wrote:
Can I just say, people (deadheads) at any dead related are the best people in the world to be with. Not only is everybody so nice but great looking.

I hear this a lot, about how we're all such great people. Generally speaking Deadheads are a nicer/cooler bunch of people than the rest of society. There are people on this board I know I would have a great time hanging out with. But there are also people on this board I would never want to hang out with. When I look back on the people I went on Dead tour with I wonder why I was ever friends with some of them. And these were people I knew personally for years, not just people I went to a couple shows with. Deadheads have personality differences just like everyone else. It's naive to think you're automatically going to get along with someone just because they like the Grateful Dead.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by ShakedownSteve.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

Re: Are all Deadheads "good people?"

#78246 2 years, 9 months ago
Yes Steve every deadhead is a genuinely nice person that would give you the shirt off their back. Also, that shirt that they give you will always be a tie dye
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by splatter_face.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#78250 2 years, 9 months ago
splatter_face wrote:
Yes Steve every person that likes the Grateful Dead is a genuinely nice person that would give you the shirt off their back. Also, that shirt that they give you will always be a tie dye

Not everyone who likes the Grateful Dead is a deadhead. And like every other group, there are plenty of kind Deadheads and other Deadheads who are not kind. Plenty of people giving away miracle tickets but also some scammers in the group too.

Most people are looking for a good time and are willing to go with the flow. Other fans get in your face for sitting in their seats, etc.

Overall, I do give deadheads more of the benefit of the doubt that they are good people. And in my experience most deadheads are good people.

~Ain't no place I rather be.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#78251 2 years, 9 months ago
Dead head? Hell I' ve never met a good person period
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#78252 2 years, 9 months ago
Little Bear wrote:
Dead head? Hell I' ve never met a good person period

splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#78254 2 years, 9 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
splatter_face wrote:
Yes Steve every person that likes the Grateful Dead is a genuinely nice person that would give you the shirt off their back. Also, that shirt that they give you will always be a tie dye

Not everyone who likes the Grateful Dead is a deadhead.

I concur and see that was the term used. I edited my OP
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#78256 2 years, 9 months ago
could you first define what a deadhead is steve?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#78257 2 years, 9 months ago
well a lot of people might not be able to get along on tour together cause of personality differences but at the same time they could be nice people, just not people you want to tour with.

I'd say the majority of Deadheads are nice people but I'm sure theres ones who arn't ....... I know theres a lot of people who don't care about the scene and go for drugs and to vend in the lot but I wouldn't consider any of them Heads. The percentage of people who really care about the music and arn't nice people is probably pretty small but I'm sure there still out there....
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#78259 2 years, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:

A person who likes the music of the Grateful Dead and wishes to refer to themself as a Deadhead.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#78260 2 years, 9 months ago
ShakedownSteve wrote:
wlewis wrote:

A person who likes the music of the Grateful Dead and wishes to refer to themself as a Deadhead.

then by no means are all deadheads good people

edit: i have met many who are, very few who aren't. you RARELY see the ones who aren't ever again.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by wlewis.
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds