• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Jack Jones
Junior Boarder

Hepatitiis C treatment breakthrough just reported

#7820 3 years ago
From God's lips to your ear:
I pass this along so that this information gets disseminated as rapidly as possible to those who might benefit . Some info needs to come from the top down (Dr to patient) other info, say, of a time sensitive nature, can come from the bottom up (patient to Dr). Looks to me like this info might be time-sensitive: it could be life-changing to some & life-saving to others.

"Quadruple therapy shows 100 percent SVR for HCV patients previously unresponsive to treatment
Is this treatment approach the next HCV therapy frontier?
Berlin, Germany, Saturday 02 April 2011: Exciting new data presented today at the International Liver CongressTM 2011 show that quadruple therapy in chronic hepatitis C (HCV) patients suppressed the emergence of resistant variants and resulted in a 100% rate of sustained virological response - undetectable HCV RNA - 12 weeks after treatment (SVR12).1

1. Lok A et al. Quadruple therapy with BMS-790052, BMS-650032 and peg-IFNRBV for 24 weeks results in 100% SVR12 in HCV genotype 1 null responders. Abstract presented at The International Liver CongressTM 2011. www1.easl.eu/easl2011/program/Orals/418.htm"

from www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2011-04/eaft-qts040111.php

I pray that this helps someone reading this,

Jack, Ph
... that one word is "why?"

Music alone may span that space between the finite and the infinite. Edgar Cayce Reading 3659-1
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Jack Jones. Reason: Spellcheck has ruined my ablitiy to spell
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds