• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

Re: The core 4.....

#78088 2 years, 5 months ago
if it could just be the core 4, Chimenti and JK that would be great. BUT!!!!! Even better would be HORNSBY and DONNA too

well new idea.

Bobby, Phil, Billy, Mickey, Hornsby keys, JK guitar, and Donna on vocals for certain songs.

How does that sound? lol I would def love it. THAT ticket would be expensive.

*dream band*
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#78093 2 years, 5 months ago
I like Hornsby, but Jeff is the man!

I wouldn't complain with Donna on certain songs but I know theres a lot of people who would hate it.....
sweetwilliamisdead
Junior Boarder

#78095 2 years, 5 months ago
i prefer furthur to the dead musically, but it would be fun to see the core four together again that is always a special festive event with tons of fan energy. If it happens it will be pretty short i would say and I doubt warren or jk would play guitar. Warren is to busy on his own projects and the drummers arent real big on jk. who would play guitar is a crap shoot. I hope they would keep jeff in the lineup or bring in hornsby, one or the other. Im down with keeping furthur, but a dead run would be a refreshing switchup and they could sell a lot more tics than furthur does.
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#78097 2 years, 5 months ago
Warren is no doubt a guitar master but JK can play with the vibes and exspecially with the GD sound as for Warren has that soulful/southern sound he cant stray away from. (Which i do love) . I wouldnt do anything next year execpt for tour if the 4 get together. Hell i probly will do it for Furthur tour next year. Anyone pictureing a Fare thee Well Tour like a last hoorah for the boys withing the next 5 years?
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by DangerousDan.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#78098 2 years, 5 months ago
I sure hope there is no farewell tour. That is cheesy and overdone. I say they tour till they can't anymore, but definitely less per year.
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#78108 2 years, 5 months ago
good way to look at it... Bobby 90 years old with a walker still doing the leg kicks but i was just throwing that on the table. I just want to see the 4 again at some point
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#78110 2 years, 5 months ago
Lets not talk about last hurrahs. We all know that all good things come to an end, but instead of anticipating the end, lets celebrate the past (all the great music we have been given) and most importantly what we have now in the present. As for the future, let's hope that this ride lasts a long time. I thought the magic ended when Jerry died (and I guess for a little while, it actually did for me), but now I feel like i did 15-20 years ago, and I look forward to shows like I haven't in a long time.
Enough of the Phil retiring, JK contract is up, Furthur calling it quits rumours.
Let's all have fun while there's still fun to be had!
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#78112 2 years, 5 months ago
The core four, with Donna and warren. That's a joke. Tickets better be 25. Donna and Warren I want to throw up. Warren and his band is so great, but not with the dead. Like someone said JK plays with vibes and gd soul.
I'm all for the dead coming back but you got to bring JK. In less the band us deaf or blind then JK is coming with them because every show I go to people are just amazed at john and love him. Including me
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#78113 2 years, 5 months ago
FURTHUR!!!!!!!!!
Without love day to day insanity's king
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#78117 2 years, 5 months ago
i would go see them if they played with warren, but only if it were close to my home...but if they played with someone from the GD school of music i.e. JK or Jeff Mattson i would probably try and catch as many as possible...i like warren in ever venture he does, but it can be overwhelming when he plays dead tunes...and also i think there is something special about JK, i'm not a person who thinks he sounds exactly like Jerry (i did more so when that was his job with DSO), but i do think he can tap into this special zone that Jerry could tap into and the chance for magic is there...i also know i probably sound crazy
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
Time to create page: 1.00 seconds