• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

The core 4.....

#78040 2 years, 11 months ago
Seeing Bobby and Phil playing together, and then Bobby and Mickey getting with Billy...makes me wonder if any possibility of a small acoustic spring run by the core 4?

That would be nice, since Bobby planned a whole acoustic solo run. I guess it would be nice to see a second guitarist/vocalist and a keyboardist as well, but it would be better for me to see a fall '80-style maybe 5-10 show run. Just Bobby, Phil, Billy, and Mickey.

Hell, if Bobby can play solo acoustic for a tour, these 4 can def get together for a month and just play hour long shows. Small venues, definitely.
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

Re: The core 4.....

#78043 2 years, 11 months ago
It would be nice, but you know tickets would be hella expensive. Neil Young did a solo acoustic theater tour recently and the best seats were $300.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by ShakedownSteve.
Chester
More or less in line

#78045 2 years, 11 months ago
I'm anticipating something with the core 4 to materialize. Hopefully sooner, rather than later. And it will be more expensive,
but I would love it. These guys played together so long, it's in their blood.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#78048 2 years, 11 months ago
I would prefer to see a Dead tour like they did in 09, but with JK on guitar instead of Warren.
I would feel bad for Russo if they did that, because he might be the odd man out, and he really is a great drummer.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
Blue42
Junior Boarder

#78050 2 years, 11 months ago
I also would like to see a Dead tour like 09 again, however I take Warren over JK anyday
Roll Away The Dew
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#78053 2 years, 11 months ago
for guitarists, I would want them to stick with JK but now we all know what breaks them apart...the fight over who plays lead guitar. Natural, I would suppose.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by patchmyfurthur.
Chester
More or less in line

#78054 2 years, 11 months ago
Yeah, I guess the issue is, who would play lead guitar. I would pick JK. Warren is probably too busy anyway.
And adding him would definitely jack up ticket prices. I love Warren, but this should be JK's gig.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#78061 2 years, 11 months ago
There's a reason why Warren is in the Rolling Stone top 100 greatest guitarists of all time list. He is a great guitarist. He is very versatile and can play with anyone.
With that being said, I feel JK is truer to the GD sound, and is a better fit. Warren makes many Dead songs sound like an Allman's mountain jam.
I know many here disagree, so let the jaredlang bashing begin.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor, DangerousDan, amusingdeva, Strider1, patchmyfurthur
rojimmy1968
Visitor

#78073 2 years, 11 months ago
Accoustic core 4 would not be all that interesting to most.

If they do get together again, it will be at larger venues and big bucks. They didnt charge $100 buck a pop last tour just for the hell of it.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#78077 2 years, 11 months ago
I agree Warren tends to give them more of a southern rock sound with his guitar which I still like but I'd prefer JK. I wouldn't mind an acoustic core 4 run but I also agree that most wouldn't be that interested so its highly unlikely
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds