• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Trip or Treat 10-31-85

#77978 2 years, 5 months ago
26 years ago a young strapping handsome young man found himself in South Carolina for another 1985 gem. This is one of my 2 fave first sets ever. Space to open the show? WOW! Then werewolves (which I called on the drive down people thought I was nuts)..ayooooo whole set great. Best LL Rain ever. Seriously. Give it a listen. I have to plead the 5th on my personal story as I don't wanna incriminate myself.... it was a GOOD night ...Second set gets a lil sloppy but noone cared. I think Bobby spent a good deal of set break with the peruvian marching soldiers listen to him on Shakedown go off on the "just gotta poke around" line.. classic bobby. I could write a book about this show alone. SHEER INSANITY.... next stop Richmond. Enjoy:

www.archive.org/details/gd1985-10-31.sbd.zei.2028.shnf

10/31/85 (Thu) University of South Carolina - Carolina Coliseum - Columbia, SC

Set 1: Space > Werewolves of London > Music Never Stopped, West L.A. Fadeaway, Mama Tried > Mexicali Blues, Tennessee Jed, Looks Like Rain > Might As Well

Set 2: Shakedown Street > Playing In The Band > Ship of Fools > Drums > Dear Mr. Fantasy > Not Fade Away, E: U.S. Blues
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluetrainsugaree
GENTLEJACKJONES
Junior Boarder
Hmmmmmmmmmm

Re: Trip or Treat 10-31-85

#77983 2 years, 5 months ago
This was my "I get it now" tape. LLR opened my mind! Musta been one hell of a show to attend.
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder

#77989 2 years, 5 months ago
This is a very nice tricky treat!!! Happy Halloween

It's a chillin' RAIN ya'll
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by bluetrainsugaree.
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#77990 2 years, 5 months ago
Who was that young strapping handsome young man you speak of? I do get jealous hearing about the shows you were fortunate enough to attend. Makes me wish I was an old fart like you. I missed you and Jen here yesterday. I wanted to hijack some threads with our poofy non-pic comments. I was gonna start a Happy Halloween thread (this is my favorite holiday after all) but it looks like we have enough of those already. Here's my contribution:

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by ShakedownSteve.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#78014 2 years, 5 months ago
Old folks boogie is all I can say. Sorry you missed us yesterday... I had one of those I'm never drinking again morning/early afternoons.... and in true mans game stilll managed to have a few last night while watching Dexter & Beagles/Cryboys game.
Now back to the show, I figure the statute of limitatins is up.. so here goes. We get into the show and are seated next to 2 guys... who looked like striaght up hill billies (and they weren't in costume... it was just them ) Anyway as I did in the day, I had one of thse little hand held "whipitizers" and a bunch a whippets I smuggled in. Anyway have a lil general conversation with em. They start playin Tennessee Jed and they start freaking out. We're from Tennessee wohooo ( i never would have guessed). ANyway I crack one the balloon fills I do it and am temporarily lost...in the distance I hear a guy in a wicked southern drawl.. hey man, whats that yer doing? After coming back,, I said um its nitrous... he says can I try one. Then he says " My dads a pharmacist, I got some pharmaceutical ( think Eric Clapton) I'll trade ya for one. Now I had heard of pharmaceutical but had never believed it really existed. Well the "deal" went down... I ended up givin him 3 or 4 and he um kept me SUPER elated all night.. (not to mention a mighty magical bus I was allready on)... only in 1985 did this shit happen. OK show ends its pouring out... we are chillin in our car for a few hours to "come down" so we can then head to Richmond. We are like one of the last 10 cars in the lot. We see 2 guys walkin across the parking lot towards us.. um like shit thats the guys who were next to us! They couldn't see us as it was pouring and the windows are up. They walk up to the car knock on the window we roll it down and they are like SHIT its you guys. THEN they say ( I allready had mine but 2 folks I was with did not have them) you guys need tickets to Richmond no way they are gonna beat tonight and we don't feel like doin the drive. BAM 2 tickets outta the blue. & another "round" all around.. fueled our trip to Richmond!!!! Gone R the Daze....
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#78029 2 years, 5 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
26 years ago a young strapping handsome young man found himself in South Carolina for another 1985 gem. This is one of my 2 fave first sets ever. Space to open the show? WOW! Then werewolves (which I called on the drive down people thought I was nuts)..ayooooo whole set great. Best LL Rain ever. Seriously. Give it a listen. I have to plead the 5th on my personal story as I don't wanna incriminate myself.... it was a GOOD night ...Second set gets a lil sloppy but noone cared. I think Bobby spent a good deal of set break with the peruvian marching soldiers listen to him on Shakedown go off on the "just gotta poke around" line.. classic bobby. I could write a book about this show alone. SHEER INSANITY.... next stop Richmond. Enjoy:

www.archive.org/details/gd1985-10-31.sbd.zei.2028.shnf

10/31/85 (Thu) University of South Carolina - Carolina Coliseum - Columbia, SC

Set 1: Space > Werewolves of London > Music Never Stopped, West L.A. Fadeaway, Mama Tried > Mexicali Blues, Tennessee Jed, Looks Like Rain > Might As Well

Set 2: Shakedown Street > Playing In The Band > Ship of Fools > Drums > Dear Mr. Fantasy > Not Fade Away, E: U.S. Blues

Thanks, wild opening. Now I am curious, who was that "young strapping handsome young man" you speak of?
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Rambleonrabi
Junior Boarder
"let me love you without ending"

#78056 2 years, 5 months ago
My friend and I took a bus from Denver to Columbia for this show.I am short 5'5 1/2 and my buddy who went with me was 6'1 and we had our pot stolen on the bus....then caught a ride up to Richmond....11/2 is one of my fav shows...

IMG_0039.jpg
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Rambleonrabi.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#78059 2 years, 5 months ago
Who was that young strapping handsome young man you speak of? Scar/Fire & Shakedwon Steve are a couple a haters!! I understand your jealousy though ..... I'm sad to hear the above, I am curious how do you get your weed stolen off a bus?? I'm sure that harshed your mellow hope you still enjoyed the show. Funny while I liked 11/2.... 11/1 is one of my top 3 faves...

G L O R I A !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The energy in that building was rarely if ever matched.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#78060 2 years, 5 months ago
Nice stubs !!! Some day I'll get a scanner... gone R the Daze....
Rambleonrabi
Junior Boarder
"let me love you without ending"

#78062 2 years, 5 months ago
I just took a pic with my iphone and posted it from my computer,,no scanner needed
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds