• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder
Posts:697

Re: Nice Weir and JK interviews from Wilkes-Barre

#77982 2 years, 9 months ago
Hopefully this interview with Weir will put the "Phil is quitting Futhur" bullshit to rest for good!!!!
Without love day to day insanity's king
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6472

Re: Nice Weir and JK interviews from Wilkes-Barre

#78016 2 years, 9 months ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:
Hopefully this interview with Weir will put the "Phil is quitting Futhur" bullshit to rest for good!!!!


i believe summer 90 phil had to step to the mic somewhere in norcal and say something along the lines of

"hey i've been hearing a lot of rumors that everyone thinks im quitting the band after the shows in eugene! well it's a bullshit!"

and jerry says "yeah, the rest of us are quitting"

21 years later and he's still quitting the band
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: GKB, scar1et_f1re
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
Posts:1079
...they probably take care of themselves

Re: Nice Weir and JK interviews from Wilkes-Barre

#78085 2 years, 9 months ago
Nice interviews, I liked how bobby wasn't ruling anything out reunion wise
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2115
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

Re: Nice Weir and JK interviews from Wilkes-Barre

#78172 2 years, 9 months ago
Good read.

Thanks for sharing.

I like how Bob explains the "use it or lose it" approach to the need to keep playing live!
Takin' it in stride!
GKB
Senior Boarder
Posts:525
'Seems like i been here before"

Re: Nice Weir and JK interviews from Wilkes-Barre

#78177 2 years, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:


i believe summer 90 phil had to step to the mic somewhere in norcal and say something along the lines of

"hey i've been hearing a lot of rumors that everyone thinks im quitting the band after the shows in eugene! well it's a bullshit!"

and jerry says "yeah, the rest of us are quitting"

21 years later and he's still quitting the band


Cal Expo 6.10.90 (my 1st Cali run, that statement was awesome, cuz its all i heard for a few days b4 the shows.)

www.archive.org/details/gd1990-06-10.mtx.dan.30369.sbeok.flac16

Grate interviews, Thanks for sharing!
"If you get confused just listen to the music play"
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder
Posts:697

Re: Nice Weir and JK interviews from Wilkes-Barre

#78239 2 years, 9 months ago
GKB wrote:
wlewis wrote:


i believe summer 90 phil had to step to the mic somewhere in norcal and say something along the lines of

"hey i've been hearing a lot of rumors that everyone thinks im quitting the band after the shows in eugene! well it's a bullshit!"

and jerry says "yeah, the rest of us are quitting"

21 years later and he's still quitting the band


Cal Expo 6.10.90 (my 1st Cali run, that statement was awesome, cuz its all i heard for a few days b4 the shows.)

www.archive.org/details/gd1990-06-10.mtx.dan.30369.sbeok.flac16

That was also my first Cal Expo run!! I think Phil's exact quote was "it's a bullshit lie!!!" And the crowd went crazy! That was back in the day before the internet really kicked in, so the rumors were totally mouth to mouth in that era. Hey, remember the marshmellow wars at Cal Expo?

Grate interviews, Thanks for sharing!
Without love day to day insanity's king
bitzer87
Junior Boarder
Posts:242

Re: Nice Weir and JK interviews from Wilkes-Barre

#78287 2 years, 9 months ago
Every recent interview I've read from Bobby there is always talk of wanting to do a studio album. With Phil interviews he always backs off when asked that question.

Me personally would love a studio album with new tunes. Dylan does it, why not furthur? Still its great to see them live so its not a problem not having an album out.
otherone78
Junior Boarder
Posts:199
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

Re: Nice Weir and JK interviews from Wilkes-Barre

#78301 2 years, 9 months ago
From what I have heard come out if TRI, it would be a real shame not to get a studio album out of Furthur. The sound quality is simply stunning and they could make it a dvd/cd combo to keep it modern. The new songs deserve an album, I think.
bitzer87
Junior Boarder
Posts:242

Re: Nice Weir and JK interviews from Wilkes-Barre

#78335 2 years, 9 months ago
agreed. And I know there are more songs that Hunter has written for Weir so an album is possible.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder
Posts:16551

Re: Nice Weir and JK interviews from Wilkes-Barre

#78354 2 years, 9 months ago
Two really well done pieces. Many thanks!
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds