Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Nice Weir and JK interviews from Wilkes-Barre

#77902 2 years, 8 months ago
Chris1126
Junior Boarder

Re: Nice Weir and JK interviews from Wilkes-Barre

#77906 2 years, 8 months ago
The Times Leader had really nice 2 day front page coverage when the '09 reunion tour came into town.
"Talking a lot about less and less;
And forgetting the love we bring."
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#77912 2 years, 8 months ago
just read Bob's interview, great read thanks for the link --- it dosn't sound like Furthur is going anywhere and it sounds like Bob is looking forward to doing a studio album with Furthur at Tri ..... also a Ratdog broadcast from Tri and more Dead shows in the future??

that's all great news as far as I'm concerned ..... but really by the sounds of that interview it really sounds like Bob is enjoying himself with Furthur, which is great to hear ... gotta read JK's interview now
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#77934 2 years, 8 months ago
bob's interview is neat. a lot of mentioning of their grueling touring pace, needing rest, etc. he sort of implies furthur is still the main priority, which is good. this morning to my friend out of nowhere i blurted out "i think furthur is disbanding after NYE" and i really don't know why i said it, it just popped in my head i was thinking about everything. studio album? sure, take time off if you want to do it, but from what weir says, it has not been discussed in any sort of detail (if at all)...the browser title had f urthur spelled with an "e"

jk interview is shorter, nothing new or extradordinary, except the last lines..

“The Dead were romanticizing the days of hopping a freight,” he says. “They were one of the last American adventures that you could embark upon.”

so true..

can't wait to be at this show sat, see ya'll there!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#77946 2 years, 8 months ago
To me it's super clear that Furthur will keep on going and growing unless (god forbid) someone ends up with health problems.

It's just too damn fun to stop!! You see em up there. Sure there are rough notes but mostly its Phil grinning ear-ear and everyone else making the most of every second as well, fans included.

We are so fortunate... so much better than all the sensationalistic contrived crap passing for art these days.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#77953 2 years, 8 months ago
Great interview. I do think we got some more furthur coming in 2012. We have too, I'm not done.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#77955 2 years, 8 months ago
23atwell wrote:
Great interview. I do think we got some more furthur coming in 2012. We have too, I'm not done.

I second that emotion:)
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#77960 2 years, 8 months ago
I think it's just going to keep getting better and better!!
stricken
Gold Boarder

#77967 2 years, 8 months ago
This was great news for all of us thanks for sharing. Hope everyone has a safe and splended show and tour.
Xonk
Junior Boarder

#77975 2 years, 8 months ago
Thanks for posting those. It's great to hear real positivity about Furthur in the future. I would love to hear Phil's perspective on that.
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds