• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

New Year's CHEAP?

#77901 2 years, 9 months ago
Any possibility of finding a NYE ticket under $100? haha I doubt it, but had to try.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: New Year's CHEAP?

#77929 2 years, 9 months ago
if you don't believe you will, chances are slim...turn that negative into a positive, your odds will greatly increase
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1, volare
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

Re: New Year's CHEAP?

#78169 2 years, 9 months ago
I agree. I am sure there will be people with extras. Out of all the times I went to see the dead I was only shut out twice- one was the last night of the legendary 1990 Albany shows (crazy trying to get tickets that night... gave up from exhaustion just trying to look) and the first MSG show post -Brent.

If there's a will, there's a way. And always for face.

The secret the day of the show is positioning and looking normal. Someone looking for a ticket doesn't want to do it with a ton of "we want a miracle" so you need to stand ahead of them. And don't stand near the gate- they will have unloaded the tickets by then (wit some exception, like the Omni or Shoreline where you follow these long windy pths and can't tell you've suddenly gotten to the gate- in a city setting you want to be at least 1/2 block ahead of wher eone goes in) Just determine where the stream of crowd is coming from and patiently wait, hold up a finger and repeat the mantra "cash for yur extra".... Close your eyes and envision it coming to you. And most of all: be happy and smile, maybe do a little dance.

But be normal: if they think you might dash with the ticket, or try something funky with them, they'll skip you if the market is hot for their ticket.

When you stand in the crowd of people walking past you... you can tell who has an extra or not, it's like a junkie knowing who's strung out. Zero in on the vibe and focus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds