• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
paulr
Junior Boarder

Frames for Poster Art

#77788 3 years ago
We picked up some beautiful additions to our collection on our trip from Eugene to Red Rocks this fall.
The concert posters always seem to be some odd size.
Always an adventure when we go to get frames.
The posters from that run fit nicely in the frames made for album covers and save a lot of wall space that way,,,
Gonna need a bigger place or have to build an addition soon........
Last Edit: 3 years ago by paulr.
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

Re: Frames for Poster Art

#77790 3 years ago
I paid $30 for a poster at my first Furthur show at the Hard Rock in Orlando, and close to $100 to have it framed at Michaels. Needless to say, that's the one and only Furthur poster I plan on owning.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#77791 3 years ago
What Furthur poster fit in album covers all the one I got a re considerably larger. Are you talking about nonofficial posters?
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#77793 3 years ago
I've been going to target and buying dorm room style poster frames. Most fit the official tour posters perfectly other do need custom framing or some fudging in a bigger poster frame. I've been collecting them since the first in Oakland but now after accumulating 30+ posters I'm running out of space as well...some aren't even up on the walls yet!
paulr
Junior Boarder

#77795 3 years ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
What Furthur poster fit in album covers all the one I got a re considerably larger. Are you talking about nonofficial posters?

The event posters from both Eugene and Red Rocks. The numbered ones sold at the merch booth
paulr
Junior Boarder

#77796 3 years ago
ShakedownSteve wrote:
I paid $30 for a poster at my first Furthur show at the Hard Rock in Orlando, and close to $100 to have it framed at Michaels. Needless to say, that's the one and only Furthur poster I plan on owning.

I think $30 for posters is expensive too. We bought the frames at Micheals and framed them ourselves. Yes it is quite expensive to have Michael's mat and frame them....
I went to that show at at the Hard Rock too .... : )
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#77797 3 years ago
Still I didn't know they were square posters? The triptychs are considerably larger and I thought the one posters were your standard rectangular shape? Do they make album holders for unfolded albums?
paulr
Junior Boarder

#77799 3 years ago
paulr wrote:
Dire Wolf wrote:

The event posters from both Eugene and Red Rocks. The numbered ones sold at the merch booth

We bought the individual nights at RR not the 3 nights on 1 print
paulr
Junior Boarder

#77800 3 years ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
Still I didn't know they were square posters? The triptychs are considerably larger and I thought the one posters were your standard rectangular shape? Do they make album holders for unfolded albums?

Not square.
the album art frames are rectangle like a double album.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#77801 3 years ago
Michael's sucks too. Very unprofessional skills for the amount of money they demand. They mounted a tool poster that was like four by three feet for me and fucked it up so bad the thing fell apart on the wall under its own weight. They told me to get a piece of Plexiglass as a glass front would require hanging on a load bearing structure or a stud. What they didn't knowwas that Plexiglases in a sheet that big bows and so the staples and drops of glue they used to make my "frame" couldn't contain the bowing and it pulled itself apart. They don't know what they are doing and honestly I could've done a better job if given the workspace. Michael's sucks and is a ripoff
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds