• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

Hostels?

#77766 2 years, 9 months ago
Coming to nyc for show but staying extra day in city since im there anyway.
70$ for a 7 bunk room in middle of Manhattan. Pretty good ratings. Just need a place to rest my head.

ANY THOUGHTS?
GOOD LOVE
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: Hostels?

#77775 2 years, 9 months ago
I stayed at hostel when I went to Europe. I had no problems at all. Bring flip flops for the showers.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: brokenarrow
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#77827 2 years, 9 months ago
we stayed at one in chicago after last years shows at UIC pavilion...i think it was like 80 a night, not too far away from the venue, had our own room, but all it had were bunk beds and a small desk. it was more like a prison cell, but it worked. shared bathrooms there
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
gratefulade
Junior Boarder

#78003 2 years, 9 months ago
I stayed at one in NYC before (possible the one you are speaking of) and it wasn't bad at all. There was no A/C but luckily it wasn't really hot. You share a bathroom with the whole floor, however I never even saw anyone else in the bathroom. For that price in Manhattan I would do it again in a heartbeat.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#78009 2 years, 9 months ago
brokenarrow wrote:
Coming to nyc for show but staying extra day in city since im there anyway.
70$ for a 7 bunk room in middle of Manhattan. Pretty good ratings. Just need a place to rest my head.

ANY THOUGHTS?

I got a decent one for you. It was off riverside drive and it was cheap and a blast. book through the hostel not other websites cause you can get a better rate.

riverside apartments or something. It was cheap. Had some funny reviews but heck for the $$ it not the worst.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#78065 2 years, 9 months ago
I think 70$ for a bed is alot, even in NYC. If youre 2 or 3 people, you can get a much better deal on a semi-nice hotel.
last year me and my gf were in NYC 2x to see Furthur, and both times we stayed near the Queensborough bridge. Never paid more than $90 a night (and we were 2 people). We had a car, so getting to the shows, or to the subway wasn't an issue, but I can see how it might be convenient for some to stay in Manhattan.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#78070 2 years, 9 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
I think 70$ for a bed is alot, even in NYC. If youre 2 or 3 people, you can get a much better deal on a semi-nice hotel.
last year me and my gf were in NYC 2x to see Furthur, and both times we stayed near the Queensborough bridge. Never paid more than $90 a night (and we were 2 people). We had a car, so getting to the shows, or to the subway wasn't an issue, but I can see how it might be convenient for some to stay in Manhattan.

Its just me and I m riding amtrak into city
GOOD LOVE
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#78321 2 years, 9 months ago
jaredlang wrote:

not a bad deal but sounds like you were outside of NYC in queens. You will be hard pressed to find anything in NYC for under 70$ that is not a hostel. The place I stayed in was cool it was a really old building not in bad shape you could smoke in the room and for the 6 hours we spent there it was adequate. In a really nice area too!
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#78338 2 years, 9 months ago
Never stayed at a hostel but went to a hostel bar once in Germany. Had a grilled cheese sandwich at 4am and a beer. Was a pretty wild hostel. Haven't had the chance to stay at one yet.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#78343 2 years, 9 months ago
bitzer87 wrote:
Never stayed at a hostel but went to a hostel bar once in Germany. Had a grilled cheese sandwich at 4am and a beer. Was a pretty wild hostel. Haven't had the chance to stay at one yet.

well its not like the movie hostel
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds