bob please bring the dog back and let phil have the
fair weather fans.
i was there 97 on, what did your shirt say
kpt trkn
Nupsdog
Junior Boarder

Re: Ratdog or Phil And Friends?

#78488 2 years, 8 months ago
Why choose when you can do both? Seen em both and they both have their good points (and bad), but I've never walked away from any show from either guy thinking to myself, gee I wish I could have those three hours of my life back. Have fun go see em both when you can and enjoy the ride while you can.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
ForSure25
Fresh Boarder

#78489 2 years, 8 months ago
yea, I'd go with both
BigBabyViper
Junior Boarder

#78502 2 years, 8 months ago
ive seen a few ratdog shows and it just doesnt have the same feel that i enjoy to me phil brings the energy and moves the music in the way i connect to ratdog just sounds like any other dead cover band as far as energy wise, and ya the sax on every tune gets old
It never got weird enough for me -Hunter S.
gdrew817
Junior Boarder
All I Leave Behind Me Is Only What I Found

#78567 2 years, 8 months ago
I have to respectfully and vehemently disagree with most on this thread...

I found RATDOG shows to be a far more special and worthwhile 'investment' & experience than P&F. Mostly b/c of the far better and more extensive song repertoire and the more unique, consistent, and intense lead guitar playing (thank you Mark Karan). I also like the fact that the band has remained in tact over the years. Shows committment and deadication. Nothing beats seeing Bobby up there on the stage singin' GD tunes... much more of an authentic experience overall.

I would like to see Furthur run its course though. Seeing Bob and Phil up there together is unbeatable given the circumstances. As others have mentioned, a Ratdog tour sprinkled in between Furthur tours would be nice... but I'd rather Bob tour less and keep healthy so he's engaged at the 10 or so shows each year I can make.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#78569 2 years, 8 months ago
i've never seen either. Ratdog doesn't interest me too much, but if Phil & Friends does more shows i won't pass that opportunity again.
brownie710
Junior Boarder

#78644 2 years, 8 months ago
I'd say Phil for sure. I've seen a bunch of both, admittedly this was the late 90's early 2000's, and am headed to my first Furthur in about a decade on the 11th in Syracuse.
Both are tons of fun and admittedly it is probably because I would run into more folks I knew at Phil and it made it that much more cozy
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds