• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
gratefulade
Junior Boarder

Re: Ratdog or Phil And Friends?

#78008 2 years, 12 months ago
I enjoy both but Phil is my preference. Xmas jam is going to be amazing!!!
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#78013 2 years, 12 months ago
Ive seen them both but I prefer Ratdog. I really enjoyed the PnP shows that I did see..but Ive seen way more Ratdog shows...
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#78021 2 years, 12 months ago
Phil & friends on their best nights. That said Ratdog was way more consistent. & I can't believe all you folks who never or barely saw either ---where were ya? oh back to my point..I saw some truely atrocious Phil N Friends shows. Never ending noodle fests going nowhere. & I also saw some shows where I thought it was 1969 again. So all that said I gotta go Ratdog.
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#78026 2 years, 12 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
& I can't believe all you folks who never or barely saw either ---where were ya?

I was one of many who got off the bus after Jerry died. Call me a fair weather fan if you like, but for me the magic was gone...until Furthur came along.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 2 years, 12 months ago by ShakedownSteve.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#78034 2 years, 12 months ago
I like apples AND oranges!!! And eatin lotsa both!
Last Edit: 2 years, 12 months ago by Dire Wolf.
Ace#11
Junior Boarder

#78036 2 years, 12 months ago
Ratdog is a scary, trippy vibe totally different than P&F , I can honestly say every Ratdog show I atteneded I would have butterflies in my gut the whole day of the show because I never knew if I could handle them from show to show because they would blow your mind in a different way each show, and you would never be ready for it .( if ya know what I mean I miss the Dog they took it way out there, but always brought me back home and I miss that.
GENTLEJACKJONES
Junior Boarder
Hmmmmmmmmmm

#78037 2 years, 12 months ago
Seen both [although PnF only 1x and I thought it was awful]. Probably seen Ratdog 20 or so times over the years and loved every single show. Don't know if I was just lucky, but I never caught a bad 'dog show. Kenny Brooks just adds something to the music that I really like. Enough outta me.
ChicagoJoe
Fresh Boarder

#78083 2 years, 12 months ago
PHILZONE.
Isn't it good to be lost in the wood
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#78124 2 years, 12 months ago
my opinion is probably biased because phil and friends 6/17/08 was my first dead related show and it had a powerful impact on who i am today, but i also think its cool that he had the rotating lineup and the saxophone in ratdog gets kind of old for me, i like it in small doses and i think its a different and cool take on the music as opposed to more of a straight forward approach, but of course thats just my opinion i love bobby i never got to see ratdog, but phil will forever be my favorite musician other than Jerome Garcia
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#78128 2 years, 12 months ago
Depends on who the friends are.
i'll take a ratdog show over a chris robinson or ryan adams fronted phil and friends any day of the week
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds