• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: trees are way to heavy right now

#77760 2 years, 5 months ago
theres so many trees down and power outages around here, we are real lucky to have power, a lot of people right down the block don't have power
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by MushroomMan.
Carl
Junior Boarder

#77812 2 years, 5 months ago
just boxed up some rays and warmth and am overnnighting them from San Diego. Its a harsh 72 and sunny here today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xonk
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#78004 2 years, 5 months ago
We were "lucky" enough to get invited to a party in Monroe NY on Sat night. Left at 6PM. 10 miles down a two lane road RT9W (S) took almost two hours, cars stuck everwhere. We make it to Palasades parkway and saw a big tree fall on a car. Thankfully the driver was ok, but it does make you realize how fragile life is.

I will say in Upstate NY people are much kinder in general than the people in NYC and Long Island. Strangers stopping Strangers to help, etc.

1.5 hour trip took almost 4 hours, and I was grateful to even make it home. At some points it felt like we were going to be stranded behind other stuck cars. But thankfully the snow line ended as we approached NYC.

I'm sure glad that's behind us. My selfish side is happy that happened before the fall tour. Good luck to all of you without power. From what I hear they are still assessing the damage.

First time in recorded history more than one inch of snow in Central park (NYC). And they got off easy.

On a side note, storm killed my chance to stay at Beaverwood farms on Sat Night. A small price to pay.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#78015 2 years, 5 months ago
its chaos here ---- gas stations closed, some running out of gas --- hour or multiple hour long lines at the ones that are open. They even have cops patrolling some gas stations around here cause its so hectic.

I might not even be working this week at all now cause theres no power where we are working which kind of sucks cause It'd be all set if I did work this week as far as money for the tour. I'll still get by no problem now but I'm probably going to hold off on buying any of the live recordings until after the tour, and i'll just have to be conservative. I hope theres not a poster/shirt for every night cause I'll have to get those. I should have over 800 even if I don't work at all this week and if I needed to borrow some in an emergency I def could from family but I don't like borrowing money, I should be able to pay for everything I want/need myself.

Hopefully this gas situation gets better by thursday, theres still lines down and roads blocked everywhere - so very lucky we didn't loose power, and we lucked out during the hurricane a couple months ago to but theres more power outages in CT right now then there was after the hurricane, it's pretty crazy.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#78022 2 years, 5 months ago
Thursday the High will be 56 degrees in Manchester, the low 39. In Portland the Friday High is only 48 degrees, low 32. My friends house where I was staying in Manchester does not have power so I booked a hotel near the Verizon just in case it does not come back on. Power is back on at the Verizon Center. Cold Rain & Snow opener?
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#78028 2 years, 5 months ago
crazy that stuff like this goes on still in america ,why arent the power lines underground? every year sameBS they restring em only to be knocked down i think it wouldbe cheaper tobury them than to pay OT to rehang em after ever storm,country needs jobs well heres a freaking project bury all the power lines
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
Chester
More or less in line

#78055 2 years, 5 months ago
We got a couple of inches up here in NH, but a lot of folks in Ct, and western Mass. are still without power.
Kinda puts a damper on halloween activities. Hope for a speedy recovery.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#78066 2 years, 5 months ago
Yeah, the chief of police/town officials have asked everyone not to go trick or treating tonight for safety reasons... downed power lines, limbs, etc. Kids are bummed, bringing the kids to grandpa's for trick or treating instead, and bracing the house for retaliatory "tricks" by angry Tweens.
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#78074 2 years, 5 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
crazy that stuff like this goes on still in america ,why arent the power lines underground? every year sameBS they restring em only to be knocked down i think it wouldbe cheaper tobury them than to pay OT to rehang em after ever storm,country needs jobs well heres a freaking project bury all the power lines

good point. at least they do underground lines with most new houses/buildings now, or at least that's what I've noticed around here.
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder

#78080 2 years, 5 months ago
stay home and listen to this...

www.archive.org/details/gd1985-07-01.fob...b.83465.sbeok.flac16

It snows in our town every year on Halloween (CO), except for this one, we got it last week instead, today's warmer.

Hey, stay cozy, dry and safe out East!

(((Prayers that your powerlines are standing strong)))
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by bluetrainsugaree.
Time to create page: 2.30 seconds