• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

trees are way to heavy right now

#77612 2 years, 8 months ago
most trees here in CT still have most of there leaves on them which is more space for snow to collect and add way more weight then there ever used to holding. We have some big trees around our house and everything is drooping a lot, some trees have branches bending down to the ground. I was just watching tv and it sounded like a door slammed but it was a big ass branch that fell and hit the bottom of our roof. right now the leaf part of the branch is on the ground and the big trunk end of it is on the edge of the roof.

definitley dangerous outside right now, theres going to be a ton of trees down and power outages up here...
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

Re: trees are way to heavy right now

#77618 2 years, 8 months ago
This stuff is c r a z y right now. First snowman of the season!
Xonk
Junior Boarder

#77621 2 years, 8 months ago
Thanks for the warning of what's to come. I don't think it's going to start here until midnightish but we also have many big trees right around the house. Hope you are keeping warm and snug inside. We harvested the last of the cabbages today and made like 6 gallons of sauerkraut. I think the rutabagas will do okay and the kale should be fine and everything else is out of the garden now.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#77623 2 years, 8 months ago
you guys can have it! Thankfully no snow in the forcast here yet!
The voices tell me what to say
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#77626 2 years, 8 months ago
i hear ya MM i had to go out andshake the 6" of wet snow off my japanese maples they were touching the ground 1 sprang right back the other only half way hope it recovers the butterfly bushes are shot ,they get cut back every year but i usually do it in the spring so the birds have a place to live,before it hit i took all the tomatoes out,still green boo. cut the last of the roses moved some plants into the house others into the garage i hope the turnips i put in the cold frame survive i covered the garlic i also planted last week with grass clippings filled the bird feeders threw out some peanuts for the squirells and filled the cat food bowls,just finished eating homemade mashed potatoes from the garden and some pulled pork
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
stricken
Gold Boarder

#77627 2 years, 8 months ago
The trees and shrubs took a direct hit today were gonna lose a few find out come next summer. Just got power back had been out since noon. We ended up with 8 or ten inches of the damn stuff. Hope you all make out ok north of us.
Forgot to mention the thundersnow we got here. Yes thats right cold rain snow and a little thunder and lightning here . Documented live with jim cantore on weather channel.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by stricken.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#77630 2 years, 8 months ago
STAY SAFE BROTHERS AND SISTERS. There is a happy ending tour starts in a few days.
GOOD LOVE
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xonk
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#77635 2 years, 8 months ago
I still have my air conditioner running
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#77637 2 years, 8 months ago
Stay warm and be careful out there, East Coasters! Sending lots of dry vibes your way!!
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#77642 2 years, 8 months ago
Same here, in Central PA., although the worst has passed.

When I was outside this afternoon trying to relieve some weight from low lying branches, I heard these explosions all over my neighborhood......They were large branches breaking...mostly oak trees I think. They hold leaves longest, are tall, and the branches are rigid, so they don't flex like other less rigid trees.
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds