• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

Any Surfers out there??

#77540 2 years, 5 months ago
Just wondering how many of us are out there and where your from and fav. wave(s), int. and local, don't worry I'm not gonna ask directions if you know what I mean. Aside form surfing this music keeps me young and like surfing keeps me coming back for more. Two best natural highs out there bar none! Anybody near Ocean Beach I'd like to catch some waves, dodge some bombs(or pick a couple off would be preferable) while in the city for NYE. And vice versa someone heading down to S.Diego, Mickey's band playing a couple miles from me in Dec., at the Belly Up Solana Beach, let me know if you need a hook up for some quality green left walls and a place to stay.
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

Re: Any Surfers out there??

#77590 2 years, 5 months ago
i ride snow. less sharks, longer ride. but surfing is definately more of a challenge and a connection to nature and the sea. i surfed only a few times in my life - Cowells beach santa cruz. beginners waves. it is definately harder than snowboarding even with mucho sex wax. But as far as ridin snow i like all places in utah and colorodo the most. i still have many places i want to ride like montana and canada. ive also been to WV, VT, PA, NY, and CA. breckenridge , copper mt, and A basin are my fav . Ive been skiing and riding for 28 years. I'm now 32 yrs old. Ive wrecked more than a few times and been rushed to a hospital via ski patrol taking me to ambulance on a sled..concusion. It can get nasty if you like ragin down the hill balls out and just shredding really hard. Many times when just body surfing or boogie boarding in the ocean...the wave has taken me under and beats you, tossing and turning hitting sand and rocks and whatever else. The sand up my nose and being tossed around makes surfing much more challenging and the actual fall, not nastier, but scarier. I dont like being underwater with a massive wave beating me down and not knowing when im coing up soon for air. (saw my baby down by the riverside...sugar mag)but i digress. I definately would love to become a good surfer and catch waves in the many amazing places all over the world. Its definately a zen thing. I get the same thing from ridin a snowboard through the trees in fresh powder with a blue sky and yellow sun. if the sky was yellow and the sun was blue...that would be fun too. have fun at the mickey show. surfs up -aloha
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder

#77591 2 years, 5 months ago
nice dogs - they look nice - prob that green u blazed up..lol
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

#77699 2 years, 5 months ago
Your ocean experiences mirror my attempts at snowboading. Breck opening day - not good, some guy plowed into me mach-ing down the moutain as I was just traversing trying to stay upright. I saw him coming and I braced myself, he was layed out throwing up, I couldn't breathe for a few seconds. Next day I felt like I'd been run over, wait I was. Duh. F'in snowboarders. Back to surfing, hey don't give up, because of bouncing off the bottom, at the same time there is a way to fall though. The fun part after all is pushing your boundaries at times. I'm curious about that handle of yours. Mahalo, that's Rex and Paloma brother and sister they are. In that picture I just asked them if they wanted to go for a walk, hence the looks.
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder

#77723 2 years, 5 months ago
ahh, i see the look now from the W word..lol !! brother and sister ...awesome..they are pretty . So theres a way to fall when surfing??....cool. Its not stop, drop, and roll right?..lol
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder

#77725 2 years, 5 months ago
i actually knew this chick that had a crazy trip at a show and it was the show where jerry refused to stop playing FIRE on the mountain. It was a monster, a hell of a monster....epic. just divine and flames everywhere. She had a nervous reaction when the song ended and started hearing her 5th grade teacher, who she loved, teaching her Fire safety..."what do we do kids when we see a fire or smell smoke....?"......"stop, drop, and rooooollllllllllllllllllllllllL"....
Everytime bobby would transition from scarlet begoniA to fire...or Phil would play the sound of distant villages celebrating around the Fire....basically, as soon as Fire on The Mountain was playing, ....her body would stop, drop, and ROLL. ??!!!! Friking HILARIOUS, she couldnt help it. Til one night at the show in Highgate VT....she broke free from the curse and went back to being able to spin. true story, no lie
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder

#77726 2 years, 5 months ago
ok, i lied. The story wasnt about a girl. It was really me who couldnt help it. My body would just STOP what it was doing. putting mustard on a hot dog, petting my dogs head, talking to the security guards about baseball, peeing in the bathroom...id freeze up and stop. drop. and RoLLLLLL. It looks weird, but platypus' at a show is slightly wiERder.
WGJORDAN3
Junior Boarder

#77727 2 years, 5 months ago
Went surfing for 2 daze in a row when I was 14-15, ran into Jaws on the second day and decided surfing wasnt my trip. Skated for about 8 years, East Coast, mostly street. Snowboarded for 2 years in the Vermont - Stowe, Smugglers Notch, Killington, and Sugarbush. Only been riding one time out west, Mount High.
"TAKE MY ADVICE, YOU'D BE BETTER OFF DEAD."
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder

#77728 2 years, 5 months ago
nah, im just kiddin. it would be funny to see someone not be able to control and think theres really a fire ablaze.
How Dew you fall when surfing...? mahalo
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder

#77730 2 years, 5 months ago
ran into Jaws? like a shark came up close and personal?
Time to create page: 1.25 seconds