• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
thecossack
Fresh Boarder

Re: Why doesn't Grateful Dead get back together?

#8198 3 years, 5 months ago
i always felt like it should end with bobby, phil, mickey, billy, and hunter taking the lead

that is my dream for this
Ramblin_Joe
Junior Boarder

#8201 3 years, 5 months ago
Probably when the Emigrant Savings Bank becomes the Fillmore East again...
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#8232 3 years, 5 months ago
It won't ever be the Grateful Dead. That died with jerry. They coudl do another Dead tour, I guess, but thatd mean bigger stadioums, larger crowds and higher ticket prices. I like Furthur because of the smaller crowds, more intimate venues and the decent ticket prices.

Additionally, as its been said, with the Dead 09 tour, Bobby and Phill refell in love with playing with each other. I think if they enjoyed having Billy and Mickey around tehy would be in Furthur. For whatever reason, Bobby and Phil are doing their own thing. I beleive I've heard reports of the dummers and Jill not getting along.

Besides, if you looka t Mickey and Billy's project, they're continuing to move forward and take Dead music in a different light. Fruthur is about Bobby and Phil traveling back to what it was lke in the 60s and 70s. Idealogically, thats way idfferent approaches, which probably means its hard for them to really work together.
Mrs Deviled Egg
Fresh Boarder

#8278 3 years, 5 months ago
I just want JK to play with Phil for as long as the world will allow.... what if Furthur became this band that NEVER ended and no matter what happened, they had plans for the future and the music never stopped because they finally decided to make THIS the ULTIMATE "cover" band (*wink, wink*) started by Phil and Bob to pass the musical torch in a genuine fashion to the next generations....? IF that was the case, I wouldn't mind if the other members ever played together again if they didn't want to because you really can't recreate your own past, but you CAN pass it on directly to ensure that the world never loses what is essential. I don't care what the names are of the people who are playing (of the individuals or the band), I care how they sound and how the musicians as a group interact with the audience as a whole.... I really hope they keep this one going, keeping the music psychedelic, raw and full of love is an honest and vital mission.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, cpuffe
Tim The Beek
Junior Boarder

#8339 3 years, 5 months ago
"After four months of heartfelt consideration, the remaining members of the band met yesterday and came to the conclusion that the 'long strange trip' of the uniquely wonderful beast known as the Grateful Dead is over."
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
mandala
Junior Boarder
jerry junkie

#8380 3 years, 5 months ago
>>>beleive I've heard reports of the dummers and Jill not getting along.

and then there was also kimock and who else?

i am totally grateful to jill for turning phil's life around, but there was a reason the grateful dead had a "no old ladies" policy when it came to business and she's proving how wise it was. it doesn't seem we're ever gonna get the truth about what went down between phil and the devils, especially here, but it would sure help things make a lot more sense if it all came out.
life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - j. lennon
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#8385 3 years, 5 months ago
Guys lets just appreciate what we have now and not take it for granite. One day it can all be gone. Enjoy it while we still can.
minglewood
Fresh Boarder

#8390 3 years, 5 months ago
I think that it would be great if the guys would do a tour together.But I really enjoyed what I herd in Charleston.For those of us who were blessed that we were abel to see the Greatful Dead should still be Greatful and share the love the music .The fans were Greatful and we all are the dead. enjoy this ride for as long as it last.and when this one ends enjoy the next one.May the music never stop.
Ranger15
Fresh Boarder

#8393 3 years, 5 months ago
They came together as the Other Ones and The Dead and to be perfectly honest with you Further is by far the best they have been since Jerry died. There will never ever be another Jerry Garcia so therefore there can never ever be another Grateful Dead. I say let Bobby and Phil keep this magical run with Further going as long as they can and we will have to see what happens after that. In my opinion its all over after that!
Tim The Beek
Junior Boarder

#8444 3 years, 5 months ago
Ranger15 wrote:
They came together as the Other Ones and The Dead and to be perfectly honest with you Further is by far the best they have been since Jerry died. There will never ever be another Jerry Garcia so therefore there can never ever be another Grateful Dead.

The only thing I can possibly argue with this is that Furthur may be the best they've consistently been since a year or two before Jerry died.

Heresy, I know, but some time in 1993, I lost the magic. I've had a taste of it back in the last couple of years - something for which I'm very, very grateful.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds