• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Deviant69
Junior Boarder

OK let's get serious & start a non gay WSP thread

#77217 2 years, 10 months ago
So solly Stevie Boi, but let's get back on a straight track.

I read about this Widespread bus deal and this is indeed a tragedy but it made me think about why I never really got into them. I saw them once in 1991 in Portland and yes they were rocking the box but why did I never connect with them? I can't really say why other than I was more into the whole Dead thing (I saw 55 shows as a young azn traveler in 1991 through 1995, mostly summer tours). So now, I've been out of the scene for long time, finally got divorced from my hating ass bitch cunty wife who thought my dick was too small (she's probably right, I'm azn after all) and now I see some Furthur at Cuthbert and yeah I was missing that part of my life. Missing it in a big way. I went to the occasional Ratdog so I was still somewhat in touch but seeing Phil hitting it hard after all this time woke my yellow ass up! Plus Bobby mustache makes him look retarded. I can no longer be gay for him. So Solly Bobby!

So that leads me back to Widespread. I liked them, they were rocking and darkish as EdHead mentioned. I think it is time I explore them a bit to see if I can vibe on them. I like the whole southern rock Allman deal so why not Widespread? Can you homies suggest some content as to where I need to start learning and hearing more?

Yeah I'm a fucking noob here. So solly!
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Deviant69.
gratefulade
Junior Boarder

Re: OK let's get serious & start a non gay WSP thread

#77248 2 years, 10 months ago
If you don't know already you can listen to tons of shows on panicstream.com, going all the way back to 1985. You can also download shows for purchase there.

There's so much good panic out there I say just start listening. This year the Red Rocks shows are some of my favorites and Columbia from April of this year was sick as well (can never remember exact dates, sorry) And definately go back and listen to some of the early stuff with Mikey, the late 90's is where I'd start.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#77250 2 years, 10 months ago
i am not a big widespread fan or anything. i have seen them on an off for many years, although i never saw the original lineup with mikey...one show every now and then was quite enough for a long time, but after this 2011 spring tour (furthur) i was on my way back up north and my friend insisted i stop in asheville for 2 nights of panic..i was surprised by how well they sounded, and how into it i was. nothing like a dead/furthur show but unique in it's own way. also love to see herring ripping it up, good fit with that group. i can't recommend much other than those 2 asheville shows, but my buddy (who is coincidentally in chicago for their halloween shows) would have a ton to send your way, and when i speak with him n ext, i will post some stuff for you
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Deviant69
Junior Boarder

#77294 2 years, 10 months ago
Thanks for the suggestions so far. And Lewis, I would love to hear more whence you talk to your friend more.

And Lewis, good luck with your gig tonight. I'd come but I'm like 5000 kilometers away. I like Buffalo and I like Buffalo wings. Nice and spicy. Add siracha for extra bang.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#77300 2 years, 10 months ago
Deviant69 wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions so far. And Lewis, I would love to hear more whence you talk to your friend more.

And Lewis, good luck with your gig tonight. I'd come but I'm like 5000 kilometers away. I like Buffalo and I like Buffalo wings. Nice and spicy. Add siracha for extra bang.

you got it

thanks...yes, the wings are great. i am looking forward to the gig, it's always a blast. maybe instead of elmwood taco or jim's i will get some wings after the show now.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds